markboston

Boston MA?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 am

Any users here in Boston? is there a user group or anything here?

samighi11

Re: Boston MA?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:21 pm

I will be happy to start up one at some point. I live in Metrowest. I was thinking of the same.

Meeting every 3 months to share hands on. I have a lot of Pis working and a few boards (some not that helpful), but have limited soldering skills. I have great skills in home automation, wiring, etc. Trying to learn heating/cooling process also. I have most everything working, but haven't dared hook it up to the heating system.

campsec

Sat May 11, 2013 7:25 am

Anything happening with setting up a users group or a Raspberry Jam in the Boston area? Anyone heard anything? I'm teaching a class to middle school students on Raspberry Pi and building robots.

I would be interested in getting together to trade ideas if anyone is interested.

mstanton

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Did a users group get off the ground in Boston ?
I'd like to participate if so.

-Matt

samighi11

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I didn;t see anything in MagPI and I have not been to any.

I will do my best to get to MagPi and setup something in the next couple of months.

[updated 9/5] there is meet up in metrowest. 9/10 ... once I talk with the organizer, I will update this thread. you can obviously find it on meetup

DavidSB

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:46 am

Hi, my kids and I have a pi setup and are working thru the 'Getting Started with Raspberry Pi' book, a few struggles, but we're getting thru it. If there were a users group in the Massachusetts or New Hampshire area that would be fun.
Thanks, DavidSB Ashby, Massachusetts USA

samighi11

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:24 pm

DavidSB wrote:Hi, my kids and I have a pi setup and are working thru the 'Getting Started with Raspberry Pi' book, a few struggles, but we're getting thru it. If there were a users group in the Massachusetts or New Hampshire area that would be fun.
DavidSB, it is official. Please visit meetup.com - framingham Makerspace for two events. I am no expert, but I will be teaching an intro to raspi to support the Framingham Makerspace (in the making, no pun). The two events will be free on 11/5 and 11/12 (at the main library). I will also lead all raspi (and probably arduino) related efforts for the framingham Makerspace. Please note (to all) the 11/5 is for most levels. We cover a lot of different topics. I will also be demoing the training material. The library event is low level intro on how to build, install, and use the pi. Some gpio will be covered.

SA

samighi11

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 am

samighi11 wrote:
DavidSB wrote:Hi, my kids and I have a pi setup and are working thru the 'Getting Started with Raspberry Pi' book, a few struggles, but we're getting thru it. If there were a users group in the Massachusetts or New Hampshire area that would be fun.
DavidSB, it is official. Please visit meetup.com - framingham Makerspace for two events. I am no expert, but I will be teaching an intro to raspi to support the Framingham Makerspace (in the making, no pun). The two events will be free on 11/5 and 11/12 (at the main library). I will also lead all raspi (and probably arduino) related efforts for the framingham Makerspace. Please note (to all) the 11/5 is for most levels. We cover a lot of different topics. I will also be demoing the training material. The library event is low level intro on how to build, install, and use the pi. Some gpio will be covered.

SA
As a reminder (refreshing this thread) we are meeting up monthly in framingham. Please join us. If people want a boston one, I will be happy to find a place and host.

CambridgeQueen

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 am

Are you still meeting in Framingham??

samighi11

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:06 am

We had (had) been meeting at Framingham Makerspace for a while. We stopped once the new space build out started.

Please visit framingham makerspace on Facebook or the web to track their progress. As soon as they are open, I will restart our sessions. Please visit the meetup also to see our past events.

i am hoping to restart these in July or August once the space build out is done. With the B2 out now, it is a lot easier to use and I have been teaching some classes (MineCraft PI and Python)

Please feel free to PM if you are working on a project.

Saman

Return to “User groups and events”