drushtx

Join Eben at our Live AMA this Friday, 25 September

Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Eben joins our Live AMA this Friday, 25 September.

If you're interested in Raspberry Pi, CompTIA certification or just hanging out with some fun loving, tech folks, join us every Friday at 2:00 (14:00) Central time at https://youtube.com/user/totalseminarschannel. We talk Pi, do projects, integrate the Pi into everyday life and CompTIA certifications. We answer questions from any topic and have a great time with each other. This coming Friday, September 25th, Eben Upton will join us to talk Pi, RPi Foundation and answer your questions. We'll also have some giveaways including Raspberry Pi 4 B (2GB) kits. How awesome is that??? Hope to see you there and every Friday.

Last edited by drushtx on Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burngate

Re: Join Eben at our Live AMA this Friday, 25 September

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:42 am

2 PM CDT = 7 PM UTC, or 8 PM UK Parochial Time

bensimmo

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am

Why that term and not the usual British Summer Time ? What's it got to do with the church?
aka I've never heard the time used with time.

DougieLawson

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:51 am

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 2=136&iv=0

I find that Time & Date International Meeting planner extremely useful since some of the stuff I'm doing is for a software company that's based in Houston.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

drushtx

Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:19 pm

I apologize for not "internationalizing" the presentation time and I thank those of you who have provided it. I tried to create a notice that a broad audience could work with. Those of you in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world are much more adept at working with Zulu but many on the our side of the pond tend to be a bit less broad thinking when it comes to working with time zones.

So for the record, we hold a live AMA three days a week. On Monday and Wednesday, Mike Myers (author of the Mike Myers series of CompTIA certification books, videos, etc) talks about general CompTIA and technical topics on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday, Dave Rush (yeah, that's me speaking in the 3rd person - grin!) conducts a live AMA that we call Pi Day Friday or DRAMA (Dave Rush Ask Me Anything) that focuses on Raspberry Pi, CompTIA, tech topics and just about anything except religion or politics.

The time is 14:00 - 16:00 Central Time (Houston/Chicago) or 20:00 - 22:00 Zulu/BST (London).

This coming Friday, Eben has been kind enough to honor us with some of his very valuable time to talk with us and answer questions from participants.

Dougie, if your work brings you face-to-face in Houston, please contact me. I'll be glad to treat you to a great, Texas barbecue meal.

Best!

Thank you.
Last edited by drushtx on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

DougieLawson

Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:19 pm

drushtx wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Dougie, if your work brings you face-to-face in Houston, please contact me. I'll be glad to treat treat to a great, Texas barbecue dinner.
Doesn't look like I'm flying anywhere before 2021.

I'm planning to be in Texas on 8th April 2024 for the Second Great American Eclipse.

One of my colleagues has already offered accomodation for that event but I can't, right now, remember if that's in Dallas or Houston. We've just finished cancelling our vacation to Australia in November this year (cancelled for two reasons, 1. the virus and not being allowed to enter Aus (without 14 days in a Quarantine Prison Hotel) & 2. STA Travel going belly up).

We're going to fly in to TX two or three weeks before and fly out to Wyoming to catch the tail end of the skiiing season at Jackson Hole, before heading back to TX for the eclipse.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

W. H. Heydt

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Interesting to watch. Enjoyed the Upton's daughter showing up as well.

Himbeermausi

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:21 pm

I had some issues to solve and the event really helped me. Enjoyed it and thanks for the support.

splangie

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Dang it. I missed this.

Return to “User groups and events”