Sonikblue

Re: Anyone up for a Jam in Leeds?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 pm

O.K, I've confirmed that the 15th is OK with the Hackspace guys, so I think we're good to go. An afternoon event makes sense to me, so I was thinking something like midday for the start time? I'm not sure how long we'd want the event to be though.

The main thing I think we need to do is to get the word out. So, it'd be great if everyone could spread the word to anyone they think would be interested. I've created an Eventbrite page for the event at http://leedsraspberryjam.eventbrite.co.uk/, so it'd be really helpful if everyone who plans to attend could let us know via the page, so we can have some idea of numbers. If you're telling people about the event, it would be good if you could point them to this page too.

Other than advertising, we need to work out what we're actually going to do at the Jam. The Raspberry Jam site has a good page of ideas (http://raspberryjam.org.uk/make-a-raspberryjam/), but any suggestions would be appreciated. I guess things like demoing projects and providing support will probably come pretty naturally, but if anyone has anything they'd like to present then please feel free to speak up.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Leibniz

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 am

Hello,
My subject is a none-booting Rpi. If anyone could bring their working Rpi I could try process of elimination. I will be there on the 15th Dec. at Hackspace, but maybe not precisely at midday.
Regards

Wasp_Box

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Great,
I'm hoping to be there. Looking forward to it.

Wasp_Box

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 pm

So,

A big thank you to Sonikblue for organising this (and demonstrating the most sophisticated retroPi enclosure ever seen) and a big thank you to Leeds Hackspace. It was fun and a few wise dudes answered some pressing questions.

Thanks Guys

Heckles

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Just wondering whether there were anymore if these planned in the future ?? Don't live too far away so could deffo make the trip over

Leibniz

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello,
Another Raspberry jam would be welcome. Anyone got a ten minute talk they could do on their experiences with the Rpi?
Leibniz

teknoteacher

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:46 pm

If I can make it fit with my diary, I'm happy to come to Leeds for a Jam. I'll do what I can to support any Jams.

I can do talks, workshops, etc.
:-)
Alan O'Donohoe @teknoteacher

Sonikblue

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:49 pm

We're planning on hosting another Jam this Saturday. I've created another thread to keep things separate, see this post for details.

Alan, anything you can do would be very much appreciated. The Hackspace we're using at the minute probably isn't the best for talks, etc., but I'm looking at finding a larger venue we can use if we have talks/workshops planned.

TerryM

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 pm

What at the same place same time??.

TerryM

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Sorry I didn't notice the second raspberry pi jam my apologies.

PhilW_UK

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:33 pm

OOH, Just seen this thread, and would love to join up with other Leeds based chaps and chapesses.

I am very new (or old be after a long long break) to programming, and I am keen to learn.....

Please let me know if and when the next jam is......

Thank you

A27

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:43 am

PhilW_UK wrote:OOH, Just seen this thread, and would love to join up with other Leeds based chaps and chapesses.

I am very new (or old be after a long long break) to programming, and I am keen to learn.....

Please let me know if and when the next jam is......

Thank you
Phil,
It looks like these no longer hold due to a lack of sufficient demand.

Return to “User groups and events”