Amarsh

Any Pi Users in Waterloo, Ontario Area

Sat May 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Similar to the question from the person who wrote the Isle of Wright message, I'm interested to discover if there any PI users in the Waterloo, Ontario area who might be interested in meeting up!

I have seen Raspberry Jam sessions through the US (DC, California, Montreal and even PEI), but I have not seen anything in the Toronto area over the past year - just a long distance & I am trying to avoid the long travel.

Cancelor

Re: Any Pi Users in Waterloo, Ontario Area

Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Have a look at http://rastrack.co.uk/
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

scruss

Sat May 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Getting traction for Raspberry Pi events here in Ontario has been a bit difficult. Yes, there are plenty of users here, but try getting them to meet and collaborate? Like herding cats …

Not quite in your 'hood, but there's the big Raspberry Pi demo day at Toronto Public Library at the end of this month — Raspberry Pi - Interactive Demonstrations : Toronto Reference Library : Program : Toronto Public Library
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

Amarsh

Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks for the information on the Toronto Public Library event - very helpful.

Amarsh

Sun May 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Great session at the Toronto Public Library on Saturday - well organized with the combination of lectures and demos. I came away from the session knowing that there is good group of people helping to make the Raspberry Pi community stronger in Ontario. I also appreciate the direction of next steps on how integrate better into this community.

Thanks.

scruss

Sun May 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Glad you enjoyed it!

Wished there had been more about it on here.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.
Pronouns: he/him

Amarsh

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi - just let me know if anyone is interested in setting up a Raspberry Pi jam session in the Waterloo area sometime in the next few months. As I mentioned earlier, I attended Raspberry Pi learning session at the downtown Toronto Public library a couple of months back - great session. Just want to know if anyone in the Waterloo area would be interested in setting up something similar (although at a much smaller scale). This would be benefit for me since Waterloo is much closer.

Amarsh

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Just wanted to make the Pi users in the Southern Ontario area aware that we had a successful 'Hour of Code' session at the County of Brant Library - Burford - just outside of Brantford. 10 young enthusiasts were really engaged with the Star Wars Hour of Code app. Great support by the parents and staff.

Return to “User groups and events”