SwinBreaux

SW Louisiana Group

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Anyone in Southwest Louisiana interested in a group?
Current rPi Systems: OpenElec Kodi on 2 TV's; RetroPi; rPi & Arduino LED Strip Lighting System
In progress: Security System; CarPi
Future Projects: Home Automation; Weather Station; Info System w/Calendars; Drinko Bartender.
SW Louisiana USA

cbs

Re: SW Louisiana Group

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:59 pm

Yes, I would be interested in a RasPi users group. I'm located in Lafayette, LA. I would think there should be some interested RasPi users here.
My back ground comes from Linux; I've maintained a couple Fedora boxes for about two decades.
I bought a RasPi 2 B out of curiosity, with no special use in mind. I am currently trying to interface it with an Hauppauge 955q and meeting with a lot of frustration.

SwinBreaux

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Well I'm from the Lake Charles area, so that may be to far for meetings.

I don't have much experience with Linux, but have a little programming and batch experience.
Current rPi Systems: OpenElec Kodi on 2 TV's; RetroPi; rPi & Arduino LED Strip Lighting System
Future Projects: Home Automation; Weather Station; Info System w/Calendars; Drinko Bartender.
SW Louisiana USA

KB5FSG

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm from Lake Arthur which is South of Jennings, LA on I-10. I am also interested in joining a RaspberryPi group! We could switch off monthly get together between Lafayette and Lake Charles or meet in the middle.

Regards,

Jude

SwinBreaux

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Sounds good. I guess we need to come up with a subject to start with.

Has anyone completed a Raspberry Pi Project that they would want to present?

I am working on a home security project, but don't have any of it ready to show.
SW Louisiana USA

SwinBreaux

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Just checking back to see if everyone is still interested and to see if anyone else is in our area.

I am about to complete another project. Raspberry PI 2 CarPC (http://engineering-diy.blogspot.com/201 ... carpc.html).
SW Louisiana USA

linux_author

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:17 pm

dang! too far for me! i do have a sister in Biloxi, 'bout a half hour from Pass Christian(nice Wally World there, btw)... but i'd have an 11-hour drive!

willie
on the stinkin' hot but-what-else-is-new Gulf of Mexico

Bth4606

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 pm

CBS, I am working on a project and could use your help. Is there any way that I can contact you to talk about it? I am located in Lafayette. Email is [email protected]
- Bret

dennisaduval

Fri May 19, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm in Dequincy LA. Just a little north of Lake Charles. I'm currently in the process of building a 6 wheel PS3 controlled robot similar to doodleborg and diddyborg but somewhere in between the scale of the two. In a few weeks to a month when the project progresses a little more I plan on starting a facebook page and possibly a youtube and website to document and share the project. I'd definitely be interested in a club or something close by and in fact was thinking of starting something in the future.

SwinBreaux

Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Sounds good. My job is more demanding but I would still like to be involved.
SW Louisiana USA

ChrisVon

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 am

I'm from Youngsville, Louisiana. Have you guys met and / or still meet? I'd consider meeting up with you guys. I'm not a guru by any means, but am learning. My current project involves an Octapi (currently with only 3 Pi's now), and using the cluster to brute force cryptograms / ciphers that I receive from an organization that I belong to (the American Cryptogram Association).
Anyway, would love to hear from anyone locally with possible meet ups.

Chris

Return to “User groups and events”