drushtx
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger Facebook YouTube

Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:59 am

Please join Dave Rush, senior instructor at Total Seminars, on August 6th at 2:00 Central time as we celebrate the one-year anniversary of our weekly livestream show: DRAMA – Dave Rush Ask Me Anything at https://youtube.com/user/totalseminarschannel
DRAMA is a live computer technology stream that features the Raspberry Pi computer as a tool to prepare for CompTIA exams and to learn other computer technologies. Viewers ask questions, interact with Dave and talk about all things technical.
Each week, Dave brings a special topic or easy-to-follow project that showcases the Raspberry as a fun and practical tool for learning or as a cool addition to home and business technology.
In addition to a great project, Dave will celebrate the anniversary show with great giveaways including free access to the great suites of CompTIA practice tests. And we’re giving away prizes including Raspberry Pi kits!

How to enter:
Send an email to pi@totalsem.com and include the following information:
Email address
YouTube moniker
First and last name
Mailing or shipping address

Entries must be received by midnight (Central Daylight Savings Time), August 5th, 2021.
Only one entry per person/address.
Entries must have all information or will be considered invalid and discarded.

Join Dave on Friday, August 6th, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Daylight Savings Time at https://youtube.com/user/totalseminars channel. We look forward to seeing you at the DRAMA stream for a great show and celebration!

Contest rules:
Winners must be present at the YouTube stream on August 6th from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Daylight Savings Time. Entries will be randomly selected periodically during the stream and winner must acknowledge presence at the time of each drawing in the YouTube chat. If the winner is not present, another entry will be selected until a winner acknowledges in the YouTube chat.
Prizes include online access to TotalTester practice test questions and Raspberry Pi kits. We will do everything that we can to send Raspberry Pi kits to winners, but this is not always possible for winners in certain parts of the world. In that case, an alternative prize, to be determined by Total Seminars, will be awarded. Additional restrictions apply and rules are subject to change at the discretion of Total Seminars. All rules, procedures and selections are determined by Total Seminars. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries.
Decisions of winners and prizes are made by Total Seminars and are considered final.
Winners will be selected during the live DRAMA stream from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Central Daylight Savings Time) at https://youtube.com/user/totalseminarschannel. Winners must be present on the DRAMA YouTube channel at the time of the drawing.

Image
Last edited by drushtx on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

girlintrouble
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dave Rush Ask Me Anything (DRAMA) OpenCV on Ras Pi

Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:10 pm

drushtx wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:59 am
Please join Dave Rush on his weekly Dave Rush Ask Me Anything (DRAMA) this Friday, June 25 at 2:00 PM CDST. Dave uses a Raspberry Pi computer to demonstrate OpenCV, Mediapipe and some simple Python code to build an optical capture platform to show how everyday objects are converted to data points.
I think you meant July…..? some ppl may think they missed it if they skim read….actually no I’ve just checked. There is no Friday 25th this July…. :lol: confused
We all have to start somewhere…. :mrgreen:, thank you for your patience! :D

drushtx
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger Facebook YouTube

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Thank you, @girlintrouble. Post was fixed, then completely updated with an exciting new post. We're giving away a bunch of Raspberry Pi Kits and other prizes on the August 6th (I got the date right - grin!) DRAMA stream. Hope you can join us!

ejolson
Posts: 8122
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 pm

drushtx wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 pm
Thank you, @girlintrouble. Post was fixed, then completely updated with an exciting new post. We're giving away a bunch of Raspberry Pi Kits and other prizes on the August 6th (I got the date right - grin!) DRAMA stream. Hope you can join us!
What's a YouTube moniker? How do I get one? Why is it necessary?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 29358
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:09 pm

ejolson wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 pm
drushtx wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 pm
Thank you, @girlintrouble. Post was fixed, then completely updated with an exciting new post. We're giving away a bunch of Raspberry Pi Kits and other prizes on the August 6th (I got the date right - grin!) DRAMA stream. Hope you can join us!
What's a YouTube moniker? How do I get one? Why is it necessary?
Really? Are you being deliberately provocative?

Moniker = Nickname.

And had you read the post you will see that in order to win you need to be present watching the stream, and the way you can be identified is with your "moniker".
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Working in the Applications Team.

ejolson
Posts: 8122
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:36 pm

jamesh wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:09 pm
ejolson wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 pm
drushtx wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 pm
Thank you, @girlintrouble. Post was fixed, then completely updated with an exciting new post. We're giving away a bunch of Raspberry Pi Kits and other prizes on the August 6th (I got the date right - grin!) DRAMA stream. Hope you can join us!
What's a YouTube moniker? How do I get one? Why is it necessary?
Really? Are you being deliberately provocative?

Moniker = Nickname.

And had you read the post you will see that in order to win you need to be present watching the stream, and the way you can be identified is with your "moniker".
No, I am not being provocative. I don't have a YouTube moniker. Do you have one? Is there an alternative way to register for the prize giveaway?

drushtx
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact: Website Yahoo Messenger Facebook YouTube

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:17 am

Hello, ejolson. The only way to register for the giveaway is the process described in the original post.
As indicated by jamesh, you must have a YouTube account (moniker) to participate in the drawing because we will call you out by your YT moniker during the AMA and you must reply in the YT chat.

Hope to see you there!

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 27226
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:53 am

drushtx wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:17 am
Hello, ejolson. The only way to register for the giveaway is the process described in the original post.
As indicated by jamesh, you must have a YouTube account (moniker) to participate in the drawing because we will call you out by your YT moniker during the AMA and you must reply in the YT chat.

Hope to see you there!

A Google Account can be used to sign into YouTube ;)
Take what I advise as advice not the utopian holy grail, and it is gratis !!

ejolson
Posts: 8122
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Raspberry Pi Kit Giveway August 6th!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:10 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:53 am
drushtx wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:17 am
Hello, ejolson. The only way to register for the giveaway is the process described in the original post.
As indicated by jamesh, you must have a YouTube account (moniker) to participate in the drawing because we will call you out by your YT moniker during the AMA and you must reply in the YT chat.

Hope to see you there!

A Google Account can be used to sign into YouTube ;)
Thanks! I think I have a Google account, since it seemed necessary for the Android phone. If I can figure out the login name for that account, am I correct in assuming that would be sufficient?

Return to “User groups and events”