DavidC123

Toronto

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 am

I'm looking for a group of people who are interested and involved with Raspberry Pi in Toronto. I believe a group gets together at Seneca on the 2nd Thursday of the month, but I'm curious if there are any other groups.

I dread to make a meetup.com account... but I might have to for this stuff. :)

james_r

Re: Toronto

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi David,

I am just trying to find out about RPi user groups in the GTA area. Are you still using your rasberrypi.

Best Wishes
Jim

(oakville area)

james_r

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi David,

I am just trying to find out about RPi user groups in the GTA area. Are you still using your rasberrypi.

Best Wishes
Jim

(oakville area)

DougieLawson

Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:52 pm

David hasn't visited the forum for four years so don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

james_r

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi

Thanks for the information, but I was trying to reach out to local users.

I am planing to be a new user with Raspberry Pi to replace some of my systems. But I am not a new user with Linux , having used Slackware On Vaxes , then Debian on said Vaxes and now have used Xubuntu LTSes since the days of Hoary Hedgehog.

Best Wishes
Jim

scruss

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi Jim -

The Seneca group still meets, but at the Newnham campus: https://www.meetup.com/Raspberry-Pi/eve ... grybccbmb/

There are a quite a few active Raspberry Pi developers/integrators in Toronto.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

scruss

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

Jim - did you make it out? It's on now. We have a banner!
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

scruss

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:55 am

Tomorrow night!

Thursday, February 13, 2020
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Getting Started with Raspberry Pi
Hosted by Chris Tyler

Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Raspberry-Pi/eve ... grybcdbrb/

1750 Finch Ave E · North York, ON — [url=geo:43.79497,-79.34804?z=18]geo:43.79497,-79.34804?z=18[/url]

How to find us: At Seneca's Newnham Campus - 1750 Finch Ave E - Look for signs to Building K / Centre for Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (CITE) - Event will be in the Innovation Centre, room K2010 (just past the bridge from building D).

Details

By popular request: a special focus this month on getting started on the Raspberry Pi family of computers!

Topics will include:
  • Gathering hardware
  • Getting started with software setup and adding/removing software packages
  • Programming the Pi
  • Attaching and controlling hardware with the Pi
If you're new to the Raspberry Pi, welcome!
If you're an old hand with the Pi, please come and share your experience!

Please note that you do not have to be a Raspberry Pi owner to attend this event.

jamesbonnici

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi,
I'm a part of a charity company called Sky's the Limit located in Toronto where we provide computers (currently refurbished laptops) to youth in need. As a new Board Member, with my own interest in computing, networks and of course Raspberry Pi, I'm looking to see how Raspberry Pi's along with its great community could help with that goal.

We work with partners such as Pathways to Education, hErvolution, Hatchways and Big Brothers Big Sisters to help identify those most in need and also provide technology programming.

If you have any interest in exploring this idea please let me know.

scruss

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:51 am

(We should chat, James; I'm guessing you liaise with the good folks at RCT? Though I'm not involved in computer supply, I work for a tech charity that helps people with disabilities.)

jamesbonnici

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:17 am

Sure! How best should we do that? Is there direct messaging on here?

scruss

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 am

There is no DM facility here for legal reasons. Some users like me have a contact link under their profile picture, though

There's another Raspberry Pi Meetup this Thursday - a demo night: https://www.meetup.com/Raspberry-Pi/eve ... grybcfbqb/

jamesbonnici

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Just sent in a message on your website's contact page.

I did see that meetup Seneca College. I'm going to see if I can make it out, but as of now it's not likely.

Return to “User groups and events”