arananet

Lakka successfully running on RPI2

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:00 am

Hi everyone,

I just want to confirm that Lakka is running successfully on the new RPI 2, by nightly builds or even compiling the source. For those who want to compile the source you just have to clone the git of Lakka and then launch this command:

cd Lakka
$ DISTRO=Lakka PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image

You can set on the make parameter the -j(number of cores of your current cpu) to increase the speed on the compilation. I have an i7, so the command looks like this:

$ DISTRO=Lakka PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make -j8 image

Also I add a new page to the Lakka Wiki https://github.com/libretro/Lakka/wiki/ ... s-&-Tricks Emulation Tips & Tricks.

On this new page you will find two tables, the first one is about the bios files needed by the Lakka emulators. The second table is about the rom filename extension used by the emulators. Both tables are order by SYSTEM so you can easily find the bios of the system that you want to emulate and the rom filename extension used.

Remember, you have to find and search each ROM and BIOS on internet. Lakka does not include any BIOS or Commercial ROMs.

Enjoy ;)

Horrorzilla

Re: Lakka successfully running on RPI2

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:03 am

I really love this, the interface is great and so far most games run quite well. I am going to add more games for all the systems to see how well it runs but so far I am impressed. I also have an SD card with retropie on it (64gb) but will be installing Lakka on it, retropie runs great but Lakka is easier to set up ~ bonus for having one ROM folder or all games. It is much easier to add bios files as well as game roms, thanks for the excellent set-up.

Return to “Other”