diegobernardes

Printer driver for windows10 and raspbi2

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Hey guys!

I have a project that dependes on a specific printer (Fujifilm ASK300), and it only has driver for Windows and Mac, so no love to Linux :P

But, now, Windows supports Raspi2, so, maybe, the driver can work in Windows10, and this is why i created this post.
Could anyone test if this driver install on windows10 for me?? http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/Serv ... cat=879809

If it install im gonna buy the Raspi2, if not, gonna need find another solution :/

Thanks!!!!

DirkS

Re: Printer driver for windows10 and raspbi2

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Do these drivers run on ARM processors as used in the Pi2B?
(educated guess: no; so it's unlikely you will be able to use them on a Pi2B)

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Printer driver for windows10 and raspbi2

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 pm

"Unlikely" is remarkably optimistic.

Windows 10 for IoT seems to be based on Windows Phone 8. So even if there is a driver for the Surface RT it won't help you. In the highly unlikely event that they have a driver for Windows Phone 8, you may be in with a chance. However, so far Windows 10 on IoT does not even drive a screen, and you won't know what it is capable of until probably April.

If I were you, this would be a deal-breaker. There is just too much to go wrong. You could ask Fujifilm if they are willing to provide Linux drivers built for ARMv6 or v7, but failing that, I wouldn't use the Raspberry Pi for that job.

Return to “Other”