hadrian

Re: Ubuntu / Linaro for Raspberry Pi 2

Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:25 pm

hadrian wrote:Anyone out there been able to use a usb wifi adapter on this distro? I see the wpa_gui but can't seem to figure out why my TP-Link dongle will not work. Is there a list of working devices out there. Any help would be appreciated.
Figured this out after some digging. I am using the TL-WN723N dongle. Used this discussion to download the driver
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62371
then it was a matter of configuring the wifi network, which instead of typing the entire thing can be referenced below
http://raspberrypihq.com/how-to-add-wif ... pberry-pi/

SNAPster1973

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 am

Hi!
I just installed UBUNTU MATE for RPi 2.

I love the MATE edition from using it on ALL my other pc's since +2 years back, exept from using "Linux Mint" instead of Ubuntu. So I am pretty used to using these systems and are not afraid of using the terminal for installs, updates etc. BUT... And this is a HUGE one... =/

I have "Authentication failure" issues... I DO use the RIGHT password, but STILL get error just as if I put the wrong one there...
And btw... Caps Lock is off... ;-)

Can someone PLEASE help me with this, since I can't update OR install anything...??? ;-(

First time it happened I first doubted myself, so I tried to reinstall the OS, but now I KNOW that there really is an issue...

For some reason, when the screensaver kicks in, I get the error when entering my password. But If I click on "Switch user" and then login again to the desktop, I at least can use the computer again, but that trick doesn't help when trying to update or install anything.
The result is the same regardless if I try from terminal or with the gui to install ANY software... The ONLY time i got any updates was the very first time I updated with gui...

HELP!!!
I want to install KODI mediaplayer, but can't... =/

Thx in advance
Best Regards
//SNAPster

DougieLawson

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 am

Run Raspbian. Once you get that working look at pulling the source/firmware for the driver for your dongle so you can build it on Ubuntu.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

iViz

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:34 am

--- SOLVED ---
Hi guys,
i've installe Linaro on RaspberryPi2, made the wifi working and the autologin also, because I need to use it for a digital signage installation.
Can someone helps me to disable black screen after 10 minute ?
Many thanks
Vittorio
---- SOLUTION ----

Disable screen timeout:

Create new file in home folder name disable_screen_timeout.sh (open terminal, type leafpad /home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh)
type the following in the blank file, then save.

#!/bin/sh
xset s off
xset s noblank
xset -dpms

Make this file executable by typing sudo chmod +x /home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh
Then create the following file: sudo leafpad /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop. the following goes in the file:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Disable Screen Timeout
Exec=/home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh
Type=Application
Terminal=false

Make this file executable by executing sudo chmod +x /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop from Terminal
Add the file to the startup applications by executing sudo cp /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop /home/linaro/.config/autostart from Terminal

bhmontejo

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 pm

How I can avoid the login?
I need please do not ask for login information whenever you start!

Thank you, a great community!

bhmontejo

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 am

iViz wrote:--- SOLVED ---
Hi guys,
i've installe Linaro on RaspberryPi2, made the wifi working and the autologin also, because I need to use it for a digital signage installation.
Can someone helps me to disable black screen after 10 minute ?
Many thanks
Vittorio
---- SOLUTION ----

Disable screen timeout:

Create new file in home folder name disable_screen_timeout.sh (open terminal, type leafpad /home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh)
type the following in the blank file, then save.

#!/bin/sh
xset s off
xset s noblank
xset -dpms

Make this file executable by typing sudo chmod +x /home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh
Then create the following file: sudo leafpad /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop. the following goes in the file:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Disable Screen Timeout
Exec=/home/linaro/disable_screen_timeout.sh
Type=Application
Terminal=false

Make this file executable by executing sudo chmod +x /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop from Terminal
Add the file to the startup applications by executing sudo cp /usr/share/applications/disable_screen_timeout.desktop /home/linaro/.config/autostart from Terminal

Hello iViz, how did the automatic login?
Can you give me the solution please?

Thank you!

JohnZ

QT

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:16 am

Hi guys,
sorry for my bad english. i have installed the Ubuntu / Linaro.
I need to (native) rebuild QT exactly the same as in distribution.
I tried to collect on pi2 (g++ 4.6 and 4.7 and 4.8), but the size of the resulting libraries and distribution are not the same, and more other troubles...
Why cross-compiler create better code, as native g++ 4.6 or 4.7 or 4.8 ?
How I can native build QT 4.8.X on Pi2 _same_as in distribution ?
Can any one help me ?
Thx

ArthurPi29092015

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:01 am

xEnt22 wrote:
wintrmute wrote:New version is up!
http://vps.dryft.net/raspuntu-tjc-2015- ... ip.torrent
Changes in this version are:
  • automatically resize sd card at first boot
  • add rpi-update and raspi-config scripts
  • add videocore libraries
  • updated kernel, fixed memory split
  • disable linaro's autologin
  • Load appropriate sound module at boot
  • add wpagui for wifi configuration
  • Change cpu governer to "performance"
  • remove xscreensaver
Please let me know how you go with it, and thanks for the continued feedback.
great stuff! just tried it, open arena gets 1fps, youtube vids are very laggy (2-3 fps). i assume this is what the videocore libraries were supposed to fix?

also my dlink 135 wireless card doesn't get recognised on this image, but it does on raspbian. is there a way to get the same installed drivers as raspbian? thanks
Hi.
Tried boot with the latest raspuntu but got as far as:
[2.72597] Kernel panic not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exit code 0x0000000b
then a list of other 2.7xxxxxxx
ending in
2.87757611 ------[end Kernel panic - not syncing:Attempted to kill init!

But the setup stops and hasn't continued to the login dialog for me to regain control....
What's GONE WRONG with the boot?

ArthurPi29092015

Jacques Gaijin

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:05 pm

First my apologies for being a novice on Linux issues. I installed Rasbian first on a P12B, which works reasonably well with a VGA converter on the HDMI port. Next I installed the Ubunu 14.10 / Linaro 15.01. It works extremely fast and stable using a direct HDMI cable to a TV monitor, but when booting with the VGA converter to an SVGA monitor, I cannot get any image on screen. How should I solve this problem?

dandnsmith

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:15 pm

this page gives info for setting up to use different monitors.
I'm fortunate in having stored EDID data for each of my monitors, so i can just tell the config.txt to take the edid data from a file.
caveat: you may also have restrictions on what you can use put there by the adapter, but I haven't had any problems with the ones I use for VGA monitor work
-----------------------------------
Derek

Return to “Other”