thanks to this image I've made a successful install of armedslack-current (ARMv5te)
to install it I've:
- uncompressed the latest miniroot (updated two days ago) in the root partition of the SD containing the armedslack-13.37 preassembled image, deleting before everything but the kernel modules;
- added "/usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org &" to etc/rc.d/rc.local (no hwclock on the raspberrypi);
- applied some small fixes to etc/rc.d/rc.S, etc/inittab and etc/hosts found in this very topic (thanks sorinm!);
- booted the thingie from the SD;
- set the timezone with timeconfig;
- mounted via NFS the armedslack-current folder and installed the rest with "upgradepkg --install-new", as I want to try all the stuff;
- to fix fonts I run pkgtool -> setup (but I think I should also have just rebooted to let the init scripts take care ot that).
and armedslack-current is up and running
I've built also some additions to enjoy it more:
- the latest LXDE desktop and qupzilla from my repository for current
- a new kernel (following the guide above), applying the bfs
patches (and using the two) and switching from SLAB to SLUB too.
now I'm having a look at distcc
to ease the pain of building stuff (as already reported, the kernel alone needed 6 hours