Michael

Re: Qt on Raspberry Pi

Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm

QtonPi is an Embedded Linux platform plus SDK optimized for developing and running Qt 5 Apps on Raspberry Pi. More information is available here.

The Qt on Raspberry Pi image is now available from the Downloads tab.

Pi-n-Mash

Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 pm

So it's a distribution and if it doesn't work, here is the relevant place to post

Pi-n-Mash

Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 am

Has anybody tried this distro and got it to work?

piters

Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah... Tried 0.2.
Booted the to a kindof minimal (text-only) Fedora-14.
Probably the whole power could be shown when you start using it with the whole Qt's IDE.
(If it works the way they did it for Nokia N9, then it should be a very nice experience for deploying the application to embedded systems).

godFather89

Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 am

Is there a way to run qtonpi image in qemu so that I can build and test QT apps without having the actual Pi connected?
Basically writing and building the application in QTCreator, then deploying it via SSH to QTonPI that is running in qemu.
I've tried different things I've found on the web but none seem to work.

I'm very new to QT but it seems on of the best solutions of developing nice applications for the Pi.
I don't have a screen for my Pi yet and running the apps in the emulator would be the next best thing.

Thanks

Narishma

Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 am

Qt is cross-platform, so you can just develop your application on your PC for now, then recompile it on your Pi once you get it.

sdjf

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 pm

I have gotten used to Qtopia on my PDA, but it looks like you have dropped dialup support? There are folks who cannot do broadband, DSL, etc., who might want to take advantage of Qtopia apps. But getting dialup working is hard enough even when support is in a distribution, let alone starting from scratch.

sdjf
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Narishma

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:02 am

sdjf wrote:I have gotten used to Qtopia on my PDA, but it looks like you have dropped dialup support? There are folks who cannot do broadband, DSL, etc., who might want to take advantage of Qtopia apps. But getting dialup working is hard enough even when support is in a distribution, let alone starting from scratch.

sdjf
Qtopia isn't supported anymore. It has been renamed to Qt Extended, and then discontinued in 2008 or 2009. All the stuff that was in Qtopia is now in mainline Qt in one form or another.

Pi-n-Mash

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, I've got stuck on hello-qtonpi! The library libmpc.so.2 is missing from the qtonpi-0.2 build, and I can't get any further.

I followed all the steps carefully (twice) but to no avail :cry:

Return to “Other”