TeaAddict

RaspBMC Problem

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Hello. Got my Raspberry Pi a few days ago. I installed Raspbian, loved it, then tried RaspBMC, and loved it. I went crazy installing a bunch of video add-ons. Tried the YouTube add-on, worked great. Tried Nasa video app, worked fine too. Tried the Food Network app, and it wouldn't play video. I got audio, but it was just a black screen. Tried the HGTV app, same thing.

Should I purchase the MPEG-2 and VC-1 licenses? Or is there some setting in RaspBMC that I'm missing?
n00b at electronics, n00b at programming...

But EXPERT at asking questions

msmithy12

Re: RaspBMC Problem

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 am

Have you looked at the food network site to see if they state what format their videos are in?

It sounds like the old .avi issue people had if they didnt have xvid/divx codec!

The new codecs might work but the £4ish that they cost is a lot to spend if it doesn't! :D

If you sort this out please post the solution. I see too many dead forum questions with no solution its kinda upsetting :(
I assume I know what I`m talking about... I probably don`t

Home: 256mb Made in UK, Rasbmc, 40" Sony Bravia KDL-40v3000
Work: 2b+, Rasbian, 6" Lilliput touchscreen

redhawk

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 am

Some flash based video sites still use On2's VP6/VP8 video codec unfortunately the PI doesn't have the hardware support for this so purchasing an mpeg1 and vc-1 license won't help.

Richard S.

TeaAddict

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Have you looked at the food network site to see if they state what format their videos are in?
Well its not an official Food Network product, and I looked on the XBMC wiki and it did not say what format the video's are. So.... :(
The new codecs might work but the £4ish that they cost is a lot to spend if it doesn't!
Ill try the codecs, if they don't work, BAH HUMBUG!
n00b at electronics, n00b at programming...

But EXPERT at asking questions

Return to “Other”