samsonbull

Ubuntu Mate

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 am

I have a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I downloaded Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 and used the unarchiver on MacBook to extract the .img. I then put the image file on a USB and plugged it into a Windows 10 box and used win32diskimager to write the image to a microSD card (SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC Memory Card Plus SD Adapter up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1-64 GB). When i put the microSD card and power on the Raspberry Pi, the red light blinks 4 times slowly and then 4 times quickly.

If I remove the card and view it in my MacBook, I see the files there (it should boot). I get a brightly light screen on the monitors I have tried and a yellow lightning bolt shows up on the far right top of the screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks

fruitoftheloom

Re: Ubuntu Mate

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm

samsonbull wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 am
I have a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I downloaded Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 and used the unarchiver on MacBook to extract the .img. I then put the image file on a USB and plugged it into a Windows 10 box and used win32diskimager to write the image to a microSD card (SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC Memory Card Plus SD Adapter up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1-64 GB). When i put the microSD card and power on the Raspberry Pi, the red light blinks 4 times slowly and then 4 times quickly.

If I remove the card and view it in my MacBook, I see the files there (it should boot). I get a brightly light screen on the monitors I have tried and a yellow lightning bolt shows up on the far right top of the screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Ubuntu requires update kernel / firmware to be compatible with RPi 3B+

viewtopic.php?t=208538
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

Return to “Other”