samsonbull

Ubuntu Mate

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 am

I have a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I downloaded Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 and used the unarchiver on MacBook to extract the .img. I then put the image file on a USB and plugged it into a Windows 10 box and used win32diskimager to write the image to a microSD card (SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC Memory Card Plus SD Adapter up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1-64 GB). When i put the microSD card and power on the Raspberry Pi, the red light blinks 4 times slowly and then 4 times quickly.

If I remove the card and view it in my MacBook, I see the files there (it should boot). I get a brightly light screen on the monitors I have tried and a yellow lightning bolt shows up on the far right top of the screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks

fruitoftheloom

Re: Ubuntu Mate

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm

samsonbull wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 am
I have a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I downloaded Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 and used the unarchiver on MacBook to extract the .img. I then put the image file on a USB and plugged it into a Windows 10 box and used win32diskimager to write the image to a microSD card (SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC Memory Card Plus SD Adapter up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1-64 GB). When i put the microSD card and power on the Raspberry Pi, the red light blinks 4 times slowly and then 4 times quickly.

If I remove the card and view it in my MacBook, I see the files there (it should boot). I get a brightly light screen on the monitors I have tried and a yellow lightning bolt shows up on the far right top of the screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Ubuntu requires update kernel / firmware to be compatible with RPi 3B+

viewtopic.php?t=208538
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Stretch.

Return to “Other”