Fidelius

Raspbian's alpha OpenGL driver for Ubuntu (Mate) ?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Is it possible to use Raspbian's new alpha OpenGL driver in Ubuntu (Mate) for the Pi2 ?

I mean the Ubuntu version offered on the Foundation's download page under "Third party images". It uses Raspbian's Pi2 kernel plus certain Raspbian drivers and raspi-config, and Ubuntu's ARMv7 repository for the application packages.

A "sudo rpi-update" on Ubuntu yesterday installed a new 4.1.7 kernel from the foundation server and later on another 4.1.7 version. ("rpi-update" is the official way in Pi2 Ubuntu to get kernel updates.)

However when I use raspi-config it doesn't show the OpenGL alpha driver as option in "Advanced".

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspbian's alpha OpenGL driver for Ubuntu (Mate) ?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Fidelius wrote:Is it possible to use Raspbian's new alpha OpenGL driver in Ubuntu (Mate) for the Pi2 ?

I mean the Ubuntu version offered on the Foundation's download page under "Third party images". It uses Raspbian's Pi2 kernel plus certain Raspbian drivers and raspi-config, and Ubuntu's ARMv7 repository for the application packages.

A "sudo rpi-update" on Ubuntu yesterday installed a new 4.1.7 kernel from the foundation server and later on another 4.1.7 version. ("rpi-update" is the official way in Pi2 Ubuntu to get kernel updates.)

However when I use raspi-config it doesn't show the OpenGL alpha driver as option in "Advanced".
It is up to the Ubuntu Mate Community Distro Developers to implement changes, maybe ask them what their plans are:

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Return to “Other”