matheos96

Adding OS to RPi3 without starting from scratch?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find anything that has helped me answer this question.

First and foremost, no, I am NOT using NOOBS. I have a 32GB SD card with only OSMC installed on my Pi.
However I am now thinking I'd like to dualboot my exisiting OSMC installation with RetroPie WITHOUT having to clean my card and use any installer such as NOOBS...

I would like to know if this is even possible, and if so, how? It's OK if the solution is not as simple as using NOOBS, I am quite familiar with Linux, terminals and such if that is required to make this work.

Thanks in advance :)

fruitoftheloom

Re: Adding OS to RPi3 without starting from scratch?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:24 pm

matheos96 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find anything that has helped me answer this question.

First and foremost, no, I am NOT using NOOBS. I have a 32GB SD card with only OSMC installed on my Pi.
However I am now thinking I'd like to dualboot my exisiting OSMC installation with RetroPie WITHOUT having to clean my card and use any installer such as NOOBS...

I would like to know if this is even possible, and if so, how? It's OK if the solution is not as simple as using NOOBS, I am quite familiar with Linux, terminals and such if that is required to make this work.

Thanks in advance :)

Retropie is a collection of software running on Raspbian Jessie Lite, it is not an Operating System in its own right !!

OSMC is based of Debian ARMHF, with Kodi Multimedia Software as its GUI, not sure what version, but you could try a manual install of the Retropie Software, obviously after backing up your existing OSMC install:

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Manual-Installation/
Adieu

Return to “Other”