nrdunford

Limited storage space?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:17 pm

I have installed RISCOS on both a 16Gb SD card and a 64Gb card, but in both cases RISCOS shows only 1.875Gb available. It would be great if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

dfeugey

Re: Limited memory

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am

Nothing. The image includes a 2 GB Filecore partition. To get more, you must make your own RISC OS partition (it can be very easy with SystemDisc from Piccolo Systems... or harder with other ways). Bye, David.
RISC OS FR - All RISC OS, in french (but not only)
http://www.riscos.fr/

nrdunford

Re: Limited memory

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Thank you very much. Extremely useful.

Neil

dslmeo

Re: Limited storage space?

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi guys!

Is there a way to use the HForm (included in the RPi image; I think :) ) to use the whole SD card for Risc OS? Would be very grateful if I get some help here. ;)
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

DavidS

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 am

dslmeo wrote:Hi guys!

Is there a way to use the HForm (included in the RPi image; I think :) ) to use the whole SD card for Risc OS? Would be very grateful if I get some help here. ;)
NO.

Though use a smaller SD Card, and make your boot device a USB drive (thumb drive, HDD, etc). To do so:

Be careful, you do not want to mess up using !HForm.

1: Use !HForm to format the USB drive wanted to install on.
2: Copy the contents of the SD-Card to the new boot drive.
3: Press [F12].
4: Type:

Code: Select all

Configure FileSystem SCSI
Configure Boot
Pressing return after each line.
5: Press return one more time to return to the WIMP.
6: Shutdown and reboot.
26-Bit R15 to 32-bit. 16-bit addressing to 24-bit. ARM and 65xx two CPU's that continue on, and are better than ever. Assembly Language forever :) .

dslmeo

Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi again!

Now I have purchased the SystemDisk program but there is no documentation on how to use this program to make the whole micro SD card (8 GB) available to the Risc OS. If someone could walk me through it I would greatly appreciate that. Tried to make a new system disk of another SD card but failed miserably. :?
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

tank

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 pm

dslmeo

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks for your input tank!

I have already read these instructions but they don't show how to make the whole SD card available to the system but rather to make a new system SD card, which by the way doesn't work very well since the files needed aren't available. I have made some experiments according to these uncomplete instructions but so far I haven't got a fully functional system SD card. If someone know how to use the SystemDisc program to make the whole SD card available to the Risc OS on the Raspberry Pi I would be very grateful to get some help.

tank

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:52 pm

The tool cannot change the size of an already formatted card.
It just adds the "bodged" partition onto an already formatted space.
HForm is the tool that actually formats the card, and that cannot expand an already formatted card, only overwrite the existing data.
You need to copy the contents of your existing card to another place ( USB stick maybe), then use HForm to re-format the drive.
Then use !SystemDic to add the DOS partition.
Next copy the contents of the original card back to the now full size card.
Make sure the contents of the Loader folder are also copied as this is the part that the Pi actually boots from, then passing control to the ROM image that is loaded.
This then runs !Boot from the SDFS part of the disc.

Hope that makes sense..

dslmeo

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi tank!
Finally I was able to make a new installation on an 8 GB SD card. Had some issues with the boot partition but SystemDisc was able to fix those issues. Thanks for your help! :D

Return to “RISCOS”