NigelF63

Noobs 3.0.0 and Risc OS

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi,
I am new to the forums, so please forgive me if I am asking a dumb question.
I have had a Pi for just over a year and really had not many problems with installing latest versions of OS's via Noobs.
However, with the last release of 3.0.0. I am having a problem. I am trying to install Raspian and Risc OS and am having an issue.
I keep getting an error message saying "RISCOS cannot be installed. Size of recovery partition too large.".
I have used various programs to format the card and install the software, and every time I get the same message.
I have no problem with Noobs 2.8.0. That installs both fine.

Is there a problem in the 3.0.0 build, or am I missing something here? :o

Noobs 3.0.0. Raspian and IoT install fine, but Risc OS, even on it's own, will not install.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Laptop is running windows 10, and not had any issues previously.

Thanks in advance. :)

procount

Re: Noobs 3.0.0 and Risc OS

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 am

You need to install NOOBS-lite and then install Raspbian and RiscOS from the internet.
The problem is that the included OS installation files are now too large to allow RiscOS to install in the correct place.

EDIT: Alternatively, if you are not using LibreELEC, you could delete those installation files from /os/LibreELEC. You need to do this immediately after installing NOOBS on your PC and before booting it in the RPi. Or add "runinstaller" to recovery.cmdline to force NOOBS into repartitioning the SD card.
NOTE: BOTH OF THESE METHODS WILL WIPE ANY EXISTING OS INSTALLATIONS YOU MAY HAVE ON THE SD CARD.
PINN - NOOBS with the extras... https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=142574

Return to “RISCOS”