User avatar
ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm
Contact: Website

sorry need idiotproof keymap instructions

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm

i really am being dense and i've tried to follow tides instructions but i can't get keymapper http://effarig.co.uk/riscos/ to work.

my first problem was that netsurf stalled downloading it (and any file downloads). it sits waiting for the last byte or so. then i managed to get keymapper onto the riscos sd card using a usb drive but after that i have no idea where i am going wrong

theom
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: sorry need idiotproof keymap instructions

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm

NetSurf doesn't stall, it's waiting for you to drag the file somewhere to say where you want it to go.

If you copied the zip by other means, you'll need to tell RISC OS it's a zip archive (since RISC OS uses filetypes, the filetypes on your FAT disc probably said it was something else). Find the zip in a Filer window, Menu over it, File 'keymap/zip' -> Filetype, fill in Zip, press Return.

Then double click the zip, double click the module inside, and you can then issue *KeyMap commands (as you've presumably found from other postings here)

sawdust
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 am

Re: sorry need idiotproof keymap instructions

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 pm

If you have SparkFS running you can drag incorrectly typed zip files to its iconbar icon and it will open them and set the correct file type.

Sawdust.

User avatar
ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm
Contact: Website

Re: sorry need idiotproof keymap instructions

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:05 pm

theom wrote:NetSurf doesn't stall, it's waiting for you to drag the file somewhere to say where you want it to go.
well don't i feel stupid ? :)
theom wrote: If you copied the zip by other means, you'll need to tell RISC OS it's a zip archive (since RISC OS uses filetypes, the filetypes on your FAT disc probably said it was something else). Find the zip in a Filer window, Menu over it, File 'keymap/zip' -> Filetype, fill in Zip, press Return.
well the menu part will be a bit of a problem as i don't have a menu button :)

i did manage to sort of get things how i thought they were meant to be. drag the zipfile to the boot folder and shiftclick into it and drag it into the !run folder and add it using configure but it didn't seeem to do anything and error when i typed keymap xxx xxx in the f12 cli
theom wrote: Then double click the zip, double click the module inside, and you can then issue *KeyMap commands (as you've presumably found from other postings here)
i'll try doing it manually like that and see if that works until i can get it working on boot.

thanks

sawdust
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 am

Re: sorry need idiotproof keymap instructions

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm

You can set file types from the command line with *settype.

Sawdust

Return to “RISCOS”