DaveH

Free - RISC OS 3 Programmer's Reference Manuals

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:16 pm

I have a full set of RISC OS 3 Programmers Reference Manuals that I'm struggling to find a good home for. Would they be use to any of the users of this forum, especially those trying to get retro games going? I'd hate to just throw them away.

They are a heavy stack of 4 books, so my preference would be pick up (in Kent) though I'm happy to post.

Show your interest here and I will think about how to get our details to each other without leaving them for the world to see in a forum!

DavidS

Re: Free - RISC OS 3 Programmer's Reference Manuals

Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 pm

DaveH wrote:I have a full set of RISC OS 3 Programmers Reference Manuals that I'm struggling to find a good home for. Would they be use to any of the users of this forum, especially those trying to get retro games going? I'd hate to just throw them away.

They are a heavy stack of 4 books, so my preference would be pick up (in Kent) though I'm happy to post.

Show your interest here and I will think about how to get our details to each other without leaving them for the world to see in a forum!
While I could put them to good use, I am sorry I missed the post. Also I can not afford to have them shipped, I am in the USA.
ARM BASIC: For the love of Simplicity, Fast Interpreted BASIC, and Assembly Language.
Always KISS Keep It Simple Silly.

Shawty

Re: Free - RISC OS 3 Programmer's Reference Manuals

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:40 am

DaveH wrote:I have a full set of RISC OS 3 Programmers Reference Manuals that I'm struggling to find a good home for. Would they be use to any of the users of this forum, especially those trying to get retro games going? I'd hate to just throw them away.

I had a similar issue not too long back, (I have all the PRM'S as PDF's now) So I got in touch with the organisation that run's the UK's code clubs, and asked them, and hey presto they found a school not too far from me that was still using original Acorn Machines as well as Pis/w Riscos, and teaching the kids to program them, so I happily gave my PRM collection to them.
still crazy (Even since the days of my BBC Model B) BEST and only way to be ;-)

IM: @shawty_ds on twitter
if you remember the Acorn and BBC days then I was "!Shawty! of DSPD" (Author of the BBC B Sound Tracker suite, and the Dreamscape demo)

Return to “RISCOS”