colin B

Problems with screen size

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous - on my 7" HDMI monitor text is clear but a 7" screen is too small, on my 32" TV (th eonly other HDMI device I've got), the text is disjointed and fuzzy.

Before I start playing with the hdmi_mode setting in config.txt, am I likely to get crisper text on a monitor this size whilst ithe image is still in Alpha?

Thanks

Colin
On a clear disk one can seek forever

sawdust

Re: Problems with screen size

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes!

Best bet read the Pi threads at riscosopen.org

Sawdust

Jim JKla

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

if you are using wheezy and it's command line stuff you are on about there is a quick fix here http://elinux.org/RPi_Command_line_font_size ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

sawdust

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Jim JKla wrote:if you are using wheezy and it's command line stuff you are on about there is a quick fix here http://elinux.org/RPi_Command_line_font_size ;)
And that is relevant to RISC OS how?

Sawdust

Jim JKla

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Just thought it might give a clue.
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

colin B

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:12 am

sawdust wrote:Yes!

Sawdust
Sawdust,

I trundled over to the riscos forum but could only find a post about removing the HDMI setting from config.txt. Was this th epost you had in mind?

https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/posts/ ... &submit=Go

colin B

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 am

Jim JKla wrote:if you are using wheezy and it's command line stuff you are on about there is a quick fix here http://elinux.org/RPi_Command_line_font_size ;)
I do have occidentalist and raspberian as well, so that link might be helpful for those two OS'

Jim JKla

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:13 am

To be honest that I picked upon the post from the new posts list rather than the RISCOS specifically and the respose was almost a stock generic answer. :oops:

I guess I need to check out the RISCOS capabilities of the RPi before Ijump in again (My bad) ;)

sawdust

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Jim JKla wrote:To be honest that I picked upon the post from the new posts list rather than the RISCOS specifically and the respose was almost a stock generic answer. :oops:

I guess I need to check out the RISCOS capabilities of the RPi before Ijump in again (My bad) ;)
That's ok Jim :) Please do I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the speed of the beast under RISC OS! Although still alpha, if you have a spare SD card you have nothing to loose, and you'll get to try out the original ARM OS.

Sawdust

sawdust

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 pm

colin B wrote:
sawdust wrote:Yes!

Sawdust
Sawdust,

I trundled over to the riscos forum but could only find a post about removing the HDMI setting from config.txt. Was this th epost you had in mind?

https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/posts/ ... &submit=Go
Yes Colin. Things seem to be moving pretty quickly at the moment, so keep looking back there and don't be afraid to ask your own questions there.

Sawdust.

cutterjohn

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 pm

sawdust wrote:
Jim JKla wrote:To be honest that I picked upon the post from the new posts list rather than the RISCOS specifically and the respose was almost a stock generic answer. :oops:

That's ok Jim :) Please do I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the speed of the beast under RISC OS! Although still alpha, if you have a spare SD card you have nothing to loose, and you'll get to try out the original ARM OS.

Sawdust
Yes it is relatively "speedy"... just wish that they'd go ahead an implement hw mouse as it appears they already have had permission to do so for quite some time...

(mouse droppings all over the screen kind of detract from the whole experience...)

sawdust

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 pm

cutterjohn wrote:Yes it is relatively "speedy"... just wish that they'd go ahead an implement hw mouse as it appears they already have had permission to do so for quite some time...

(mouse droppings all over the screen kind of detract from the whole experience...)
Added to the rom today I believe.

Sawdust.

Return to “RISCOS”