dslmeo

Overscan?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:49 pm

When I run Risc OS Pi on a Raspberry Pi 2 i get like an inch of black screen all around (I'm using a 32" TV as a screen). Is there some way to change that? I tried to change the settings of the screen but that just messed up everything worse. In different distros for the Raspberry Pi there is a function called overscan. With that you can adjust the visible screen by the pixel so to use the whole screen. Any hints would be very appreciated,

Greetings from Sweden,
M. O.
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

RaTTuS

Re: Overscan?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:51 pm

there will still be a config.txt file on the boot partition - just remove the overscan options from it
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

dslmeo

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Actually there is no overscan option in the config file. I just want some help with making it work without making to much experimenting that might crasch the system alltogether.
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

AndyD

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Add a line to config.txt

Code: Select all

disable_overscan=1

dslmeo

Re: Overscan? RESOLVED

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Works just as in Raspbian. The ideal for me with the RPi 2 is -32 on all sides. Leaves like 8 pixels black around the screen so it doesn't reflect on the plastic frame on the TV. Thanks for all your input!!! ;)

Return to “RISCOS”