dslmeo

Risc OS Pi RC14 Now Available

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 pm

The new version of Risc OS for the Raspberry Pi is finally available on the download site for Risc OS. I've just tried it on a B+ so far but it seems to be a big leap forward even if it's still considered a beta version. I'll post the link below.

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/down ... spberry-pi

Greetings from Sweden,
M.O.
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

svrsig

Re: Risc OS Pi RC14 Now Available

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 am

The new version of Risc OS for the Raspberry Pi is finally available on the download site for Risc OS
And on the Rapsberry Pi Foundation 'downloads' tab as of today. Changes are described here: http://www.svrsig.org/WhatsNew.htm

Fidelius

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Great work, thank you and all contributors.

Long live the Archimedes. :-)

Mequa

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am

This is also available now for network install on NOOBS (either the full version or NOOBS Lite), in case you want to dual-boot it with Raspbian. (From my tests, I recommend a minimum 16GB (micro-)SD card if you want enough space for Raspbian on this setup.)

RISC OS is not compatible with BerryBoot, unfortunately, so you'll have to use NOOBS if you want to dual-boot it with Linux on a single (micro-)SD card, or install RISC OS Pi on a separate card (with or without NOOBS).

restomaguio

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Received my RPi 2 B+ from UPS 3 days ago from UPS. Installed today the latest RISCOS but found that the GPIO used in my RPi B Rev 2 didn't work and incompatible. Searched the internet for the latest GPIO issue but to no avail. Hope the GPIO creator release the latest version soon. Not sure if the GPIO for Python for this latest RPi model works.

tank

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:00 am

The source for the GPIO module is hosted on the ROOL site, and is updated to work on the Pi2.
If you need a pre-built copy of the module you can download from http://www.tankstage.co.uk/Software/GPIO.zip or email me at webmaster@tankstage.co.uk

DavidS

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:18 pm

I am now runing RC14 and it seems to be very stable thus far (I would call it a release as stable as it seems to be). Though I am runing on a RPi model B.

I will be getting a B+ at the same time as I get my 3D printer next month, so I hope the GPIO module works well.

Has there been any work on putting the extra cores to good use? Like perhaps for emulated HW, or soft accelerated video, or something?
ARM BASIC: For the love of Simplicity, Fast Interpreted BASIC, and Assembly Language.
Always KISS Keep It Simple Silly.

Return to “RISCOS”