necrose99

Re: Updated 64-bit Gentoo Image for RPi3 Released (now also for RPi3B+ and RPi4B)

Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm

I would like to get scripts and such for builds.
Build server.. etc .
If posible if still is possible under the expost-facto doctrune .. aftervthe fact. Ie one last commit. As they are before embargo. Keybase.io push via encrypted git.. ill prettend santa 🎅 stuffed my stockings. And not say a thing.. (as legal clergy as well , i won't be compelled to mention a thing..)

I have this on my Xmas wishlist.

(https://www.anandtech.com/show/15733/am ... kstation/7)
Daily builds. Perhaps just at 3200 usd its going to hurt a bit. But 80 cores and full rtx 2070 nvidia, gentoo powered..

Funtoo.org has hosting options,
In theory i could generate funtoo, gentoo etc bases.
Based on sakakis repos.. pentoo linux https://github.com/mocaccinoOS , based on sabayon, has much automation, few staffers, and robots do much of work..
This at least takes care of 250 gigs or so of binhosting.

Github.com/pentoo/pentoo-overlay builds with not but a few and64 only bits.

Luet. Sabayon bits , has good automation to a point.

1) switch to uefi image ,
2) add rock64pro/etc +rpi4 , migrate image to uefi.
Ie could get multiple boot images , from similar package base. Ie +mali/panfrost. +more devices pre-baked into kernels.

Add the rpi4 uefi bios firmware ..
Add scripts to generate, images based on multiple devices. Ie rpi4 > rpi4.gentoo.img.xz out
3) add to dockers, for faster building, as gentoo has a base arm64 docker..
Github.com/mudler of Sabayon linux has docker compaion ie get docker > dump tarball
(Sabayon builds in docker of late , iso/tarball out via d-compn...) luet as docker/installed pkg manger in golang as option .
Offer a pentoo kernel, pentoo testing image..
4) setup org for arm64-gentoo-tinkers on Github.com.
Clone sakakis utils over. ,
5) security engineer, enthusiast , meddling tinkerer ... ethical hacker , but not a developer.. in the traditional sense.

6) any devs/enthusiasts could then join on workspace, for less fragmented furthering of the image. And or varriants for other boards.

Add metapkgs for other bits. Ie other boards.
7) as for using pentoo atop the image for now i have a dropbox shadow.

Most of sakakis packages did run in chroot on rock64pro device with additional panfrost. Etc.
So additional gpu's to an arm64 base binhost
Saves a great deal of work.

8) devops, sabayon / mocaccinoOS uses it heavily.
Might be useful to get a base image.. thier automation can keep rolling eventually..
Devops Engineers would be welcomed.
I have a clue on many tools used ..
And devsecops and how invaluable devops can be as a force multiplier. From security management ends.. aka the helicopter management view..
But im not a devops guy..
Unfortunately with killvid 19 .. any learn the basics in Dallas, or Fort Worth, or dfw surroundings is greatly hampered.
As i have other hobbies and or may have odd work hours id prefer robots to do much of the emerge -buildpkg -v foo... as possible.

ejolson

Re: Updated 64-bit Gentoo Image for RPi3 Released (now also for RPi3B+ and RPi4B)

Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:23 pm

necrose99 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Perhaps just at 3200 usd its going to hurt a bit. But 80 cores and full rtx 2070 nvidia, gentoo powered.
How does an RTX 2070 help when cross compiling Gentoo packages? Is the idea to play video games during build world?

Rather than setting up usermode QEMU chroot on an x86 computer, I think a build farm of about four Pi 4B computers each with 8GB RAM would be faster. The reason this wasn't done originally is because the 4B wasn't out yet. One could also run an EC2 Graviton instance at native ARM speeds, although that could add up after a few months.

Return to “Gentoo”