eazysnatch

Gentoo - Raspberry Pi 3 - MacOSX

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Hello ,

I'm trying to setup emerge and kernel compilation to use my x86 OS X machine. The goal is to offload my Pi and use my other machines power. I never setup cross compiler till now i have experience with Distcc ~30 machines compiling for me but they all was same arch.

I already test to compile code on OS X and I move it to Raspberry and its working.

#### Compile the code on OS X machine:
{12:12}g1r5-hack:~/Desktop@master✗✗✗✗✗✗ vhristev$ /usr/local/linaro/arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -g -o hello hello.c

#### Move the code to Raspberry Pi 3
{12:14}g1r5-hack:~/Desktop@master✗✗✗✗✗✗ vhristev$ scp hello vhristev@192.168.1.5:~/

#### Test the code on Raspberry
g1r5-berry vhristev # ./hello
Hello World
#### END

The problem is when distcc send something to my OS X i receive error below. Does anyone have place to follow how i can compile my kernel on my PI and offload it with distcc to OS X. I know i can compile the kernel on OS X and then move it to PI but i don't want to do that.
Error from OS X:
(dcc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or director

I follow this wiki:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_ ... g#crossdev

I just want to use emerge and kernel compile from Raspberry and my OS X to help out and at some point I can put in the chain my MacBook Pro

After i achieve OS X cross compilation I will try to add my Synology 1515+ .

Return to “Gentoo”