JimDod

headless login?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 am

I have a system set up to do a autologin that runs a Perl program servicing an XBee and a USB camera to serve snapshot pictures. this boots and runs fine if I have a USB keyboard and a HTMI monitor. When I unplug (headless) them it does not seem to be working, as a little debugging aid I have a LED attached to the XBee that I turn off and on just to see of my code is running. I see no LED activity when headless.

Any ideas or suggestions?

jackokring

Re: headless login?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 am

Just to check ... in raspi-config have you disable the start X option, and enabled the ssh daemon? The code below should return you to the command line. I wondered if it maybe to do with no display, and what the X server may do if it fails to load. Maybe it will not run the shell user options configure script. ??

Code: Select all

sudo init 3
Pi[NFA]=B256R0USB CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
Pi[Work]=A+256 CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
My favourite constant 1.65056745028

JimDod

Re: headless login?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:09 am

in systemd language, I have the default.target set to mult-user.target so I believe X windows is not starting.

I can ssh to the rpi

further exam I think the perl program is running it is just not communicating to the XBee via the GPIO serial lines. could some other process be grabbing these? I have all the ttyAMA0 stuff removed from /boot/cmdline.txt as well as disabled the systemd getty on ttyAMA0.

Return to “Arch”