jonny3010

I put up eth0 and then after time its goes to down

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

I put up eth0 and then after time its goes to down dont know why really annoying as im running it headless next to my routor have to keep moving it to my desktop to use screen +ethernet :(

any one know why?

pepedog

Re: I put up eth0 and then after time its goes to down

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Doesn't happen to me, if you set as static and unplug/plug it connects ok. Not tested dhcpcd doing that, but connection is ok for days. Check cable and hub/switch

redhawk

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Do you have a digital voltmeter can you check to see if the voltage at TP1/TP2 is within spec??

Richard S.

jonny3010

Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:16 pm

yeah i have tested them there about 5.02volts and the 4A power supply gives out 5.25volts

can't be the hub as it worked fine in debian, just debian is resource heavy so i swtiched to arch. I did this because I wanted to have as much ram possible for my pi as i will use it as Nas for backups, streaming etc

sdjf

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 am

STudy the logs to see if anything appears. /var/log/errors.log and /var/log/everything.log, although I do not think everything is really in everything log, almost everything appears there as well in specific logs.

You might see disconnect and something just before it happens, could also change your log level to more detailed with adding to the same line as everything else in /boot/cmdline.txt, loglevel=6 as default is lower, loglevel=4. Then issue sync command, poweroff and reboot.

Logs will grow fast but maybe they might reveal something helpful if you increase detail temporarily.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Return to “Arch”