deanjm68
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm

That's great thanks. I noticed during the installation it was showing I2C was not enabled how do I enable it?

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm

deanjm68 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
That's great thanks. I noticed during the installation it was showing I2C was not enabled how do I enable it?
You just have to reboot then it is enabled.

deanjm68
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Great, thanks

Shen Hsu
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:31 am

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 am

hectorkvs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am
Here is the proper way to install script for Argon One case running on Manjaro ARM both KDE Plasma and XFCE:

git clone https://github.com/Elrondo46/argonone.git
cd argonone
sudo pacman -S base-devel (to install some missing packages)
makepkg -si
yay -S raspberrypi-userland-aarch64-git
sudo systemctl enable argononed.service
sudo reboot

Make sure you put this in config.txt on boot partition before rebooting :
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2c-1=on
enable_uart=1

Also I forgot to mention that the ' enable_uart=1 ' in /boot/config.txt in conjunction with having ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' mentioned in /boot/cmdline does crash the kernel (kernel panic) so please check for this if you are planning on automatically add the uart-option to /boot/config.txt.I did fix this by removing ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' from my /boot/cmdline.
If you have a problem with shuting down when the power isn't cut as it should (power led still working, after pi shutdown), you need to change in ' /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/argononed-poweroff.py ' the following:

Line 20
bus.write_byte_data(0x1a,0,0) to looks like this..

hope this help
I follow this guide, but the FAN and power button is not workable on my RPi4 with Manjaro KDE Plasma, any help appreciated!

Below is the I2C baudrate get from my RPi4, is it abnormal? (I have set the "dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=32000" and "dtparam=i2c_baudrate=32000" in the "boot/config.txt".)
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2708/parameters/baudrate
0
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2835/parameters/debug
0

Follow is my status of argononed.service, there's no any error...
By the way, I try to select the "FAN always ON" on the argonone-config, but the FAN is still not work.

[raspberrypi@RaspberryPi ~]$ sudo systemctl status argononed.service
[sudo] raspberrypi 的密碼:
● argononed.service - Argon One Fan and Button Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/argononed.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-11-29 13:46:42 CST; 14min ago
Main PID: 1428 (python3)
Tasks: 4 (limit: 9074)
CGroup: /system.slice/argononed.service
└─1428 /opt/argonone/bin/python3 /opt/argonone/bin/argononed.py

11月 29 13:46:42 RaspberryPi systemd[1]: Started Argon One Fan and Button Service.

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:55 pm

Shen Hsu wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 am
hectorkvs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am
Here is the proper way to install script for Argon One case running on Manjaro ARM both KDE Plasma and XFCE:

git clone https://github.com/Elrondo46/argonone.git
cd argonone
sudo pacman -S base-devel (to install some missing packages)
makepkg -si
yay -S raspberrypi-userland-aarch64-git
sudo systemctl enable argononed.service
sudo reboot

Make sure you put this in config.txt on boot partition before rebooting :
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2c-1=on
enable_uart=1

Also I forgot to mention that the ' enable_uart=1 ' in /boot/config.txt in conjunction with having ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' mentioned in /boot/cmdline does crash the kernel (kernel panic) so please check for this if you are planning on automatically add the uart-option to /boot/config.txt.I did fix this by removing ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' from my /boot/cmdline.
If you have a problem with shuting down when the power isn't cut as it should (power led still working, after pi shutdown), you need to change in ' /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/argononed-poweroff.py ' the following:

Line 20
bus.write_byte_data(0x1a,0,0) to looks like this..

hope this help
I follow this guide, but the FAN and power button is not workable on my RPi4 with Manjaro KDE Plasma, any help appreciated!

Below is the I2C baudrate get from my RPi4, is it abnormal? (I have set the "dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=32000" and "dtparam=i2c_baudrate=32000" in the "boot/config.txt".)
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2708/parameters/baudrate
0
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2835/parameters/debug
0

Follow is my status of argononed.service, there's no any error...
By the way, I try to select the "FAN always ON" on the argonone-config, but the FAN is still not work.

[raspberrypi@RaspberryPi ~]$ sudo systemctl status argononed.service
[sudo] raspberrypi 的密碼:
● argononed.service - Argon One Fan and Button Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/argononed.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-11-29 13:46:42 CST; 14min ago
Main PID: 1428 (python3)
Tasks: 4 (limit: 9074)
CGroup: /system.slice/argononed.service
└─1428 /opt/argonone/bin/python3 /opt/argonone/bin/argononed.py

11月 29 13:46:42 RaspberryPi systemd[1]: Started Argon One Fan and Button Service.
If these scripts are not working for you try the project I posted earlier it does work,
DarkElvenAngel wrote: If you want something that works for multiple platforms I have good coverage with my project https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed

I use C and not Python so my project will run on more operating systems. There is a topic here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=275713 where you can learn more.
I remember that getting i2c bus working on some non raspberry Pi OS's was a bit trickier than just enabling the overlay. The installer handles all that.

If you had the button working at least I wouldn't have suggested my project, your best bet is to uninstall the scripts and try my project see if that works. Do you know if you fan and button worked before trying Arch?

Shen Hsu
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:31 am

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:23 am

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:55 pm
Shen Hsu wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 am
hectorkvs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am
Here is the proper way to install script for Argon One case running on Manjaro ARM both KDE Plasma and XFCE:

git clone https://github.com/Elrondo46/argonone.git
cd argonone
sudo pacman -S base-devel (to install some missing packages)
makepkg -si
yay -S raspberrypi-userland-aarch64-git
sudo systemctl enable argononed.service
sudo reboot

Make sure you put this in config.txt on boot partition before rebooting :
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2c-1=on
enable_uart=1

Also I forgot to mention that the ' enable_uart=1 ' in /boot/config.txt in conjunction with having ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' mentioned in /boot/cmdline does crash the kernel (kernel panic) so please check for this if you are planning on automatically add the uart-option to /boot/config.txt.I did fix this by removing ' kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ' from my /boot/cmdline.
If you have a problem with shuting down when the power isn't cut as it should (power led still working, after pi shutdown), you need to change in ' /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/argononed-poweroff.py ' the following:

Line 20
bus.write_byte_data(0x1a,0,0) to looks like this..

hope this help
I follow this guide, but the FAN and power button is not workable on my RPi4 with Manjaro KDE Plasma, any help appreciated!

Below is the I2C baudrate get from my RPi4, is it abnormal? (I have set the "dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=32000" and "dtparam=i2c_baudrate=32000" in the "boot/config.txt".)
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2708/parameters/baudrate
0
[raspberrypi@raspberrypi ~]$ sudo cat /sys/module/i2c_bcm2835/parameters/debug
0

Follow is my status of argononed.service, there's no any error...
By the way, I try to select the "FAN always ON" on the argonone-config, but the FAN is still not work.

[raspberrypi@RaspberryPi ~]$ sudo systemctl status argononed.service
[sudo] raspberrypi 的密碼:
● argononed.service - Argon One Fan and Button Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/argononed.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-11-29 13:46:42 CST; 14min ago
Main PID: 1428 (python3)
Tasks: 4 (limit: 9074)
CGroup: /system.slice/argononed.service
└─1428 /opt/argonone/bin/python3 /opt/argonone/bin/argononed.py

11月 29 13:46:42 RaspberryPi systemd[1]: Started Argon One Fan and Button Service.
If these scripts are not working for you try the project I posted earlier it does work,
DarkElvenAngel wrote: If you want something that works for multiple platforms I have good coverage with my project https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed

I use C and not Python so my project will run on more operating systems. There is a topic here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=275713 where you can learn more.
I remember that getting i2c bus working on some non raspberry Pi OS's was a bit trickier than just enabling the overlay. The installer handles all that.

If you had the button working at least I wouldn't have suggested my project, your best bet is to uninstall the scripts and try my project see if that works. Do you know if you fan and button worked before trying Arch?
YES! The Fan is worked on Ubuntu Mate v20.10 with the formal guide(curl https://download.argon40.com/argon1.sh | bash), but not worked on Manjaro OS.

After I try your project https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed,
the Fan and Power Button are all worked as expected on my RPi4 with Manjaro KDE Plasma v20.10, and it's so easy to install.
Great project! Thank you very much!!!

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 am

good morning. New to manjaro. using arm xfce on raspberry pi 4 8gb. everything good, fast as hell (even faster than the other usb ssd with raspberry pi 64 beta os…) .Just on big issue. i am not able to make argonone script work. Installed from aur, started and configured with argonone-config. Set the fan always on (that’s how i want it to be) . Nothing happens at the reboot. I also followed an advice putting
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2c-1=on
enable_uart=1
in /boot/config.txt
and removing ’ kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 ’ from my /boot/cmdline to avoid kernel panic at the reboot.
But i get kernel panic again. I revert to the old config and the fan is off. Please help.

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:25 am

i also add the following:

sudo systemctl status argononed.service
● argononed.service - Argon One Fan and Button Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/argononed.service; enabled; vendor>
Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-02-16 11:12:10 CET; 18s ago
Main PID: 840 (python3)
Tasks: 4 (limit: 8845)
CGroup: /system.slice/argononed.service
└─840 /opt/argonone/bin/python3 /opt/argonone/bin/argononed.py

but it doesn’t work still.

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm

What project are you running?

The argon40 script or my project?

I can tell you nothing about argon40's scripts other than getting I2C running in arch requires extra steps.

If you want something that is tested on Manjaro I would suggest my offering. You need to make sure you have these packages base-devel, git, dtc, wget

The you just run the following

Code: Select all

wget -O get_argononed.sh https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed/-/raw/master/get_argononed.sh
bash get_argononed.sh
I suggest using the newest version available

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm
What project are you running?

The argon40 script or my project?

I can tell you nothing about argon40's scripts other than getting I2C running in arch requires extra steps.

If you want something that is tested on Manjaro I would suggest my offering. You need to make sure you have these packages base-devel, git, dtc, wget

The you just run the following

Code: Select all

wget -O get_argononed.sh https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed/-/raw/master/get_argononed.sh
bash get_argononed.sh
I suggest using the newest version available
i used your script. i tried again with the aforementioned lines and with the same results :(

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:36 pm

Candy2014 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm
DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm
What project are you running?

The argon40 script or my project?

I can tell you nothing about argon40's scripts other than getting I2C running in arch requires extra steps.

If you want something that is tested on Manjaro I would suggest my offering. You need to make sure you have these packages base-devel, git, dtc, wget

The you just run the following

Code: Select all

wget -O get_argononed.sh https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed/-/raw/master/get_argononed.sh
bash get_argononed.sh
I suggest using the newest version available
i used your script. i tried again with the aforementioned lines and with the same results :(
Are you sure in your post you have python3 running and I don't have any python in my project you have to remove that first. Also I can help better if you give the output of uname -a, ls /dev/i2c* and also the /var/log/argononed.log I forgot to ask for your config.txt too.

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:41 pm

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:36 pm
Candy2014 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm
DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:04 pm
What project are you running?

The argon40 script or my project?

I can tell you nothing about argon40's scripts other than getting I2C running in arch requires extra steps.

If you want something that is tested on Manjaro I would suggest my offering. You need to make sure you have these packages base-devel, git, dtc, wget

The you just run the following

Code: Select all

wget -O get_argononed.sh https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed/-/raw/master/get_argononed.sh
bash get_argononed.sh
I suggest using the newest version available
i used your script. i tried again with the aforementioned lines and with the same results :(
Are you sure in your post you have python3 running and I don't have any python in my project you have to remove that first. Also I can help better if you give the output of uname -a, ls /dev/i2c* and also the /var/log/argononed.log I forgot to ask for your config.txt too.
i installed your script as requested:


gcc -o argonone-cli argonone-cli.c -Wall -s -O3 -DLOG_LEVEL=5 -lrt
MAKE: CLI
Build argonone.dtbo
dtc -@ -I dts -O dtb -o argonone.dtbo argonone.dts
MAKE: Overlay
MAKE: Complete
>>> Installing...
[sudo] password di birba:
Installing overlay Successful
Search config.txt for overlay ... NOT FOUND
Insert overlay into /boot/config.txt ... DONE
INFO: /etc/modules-load.d/raspberrypi.conf Not Found
INFO: /etc/modules-load.d/raspberrypi.conf Created Successfully
Installing daemon Successful
Installing CLI Successful
Installing services
argononed.service ... Successful
argonone-shutdown ... Successful
Refresh services list
Enable Service Successful
Starting Service Successful
Install Complete
>>> Complete
[birba@birba2018 ~]$


now what? the fan is not running and "argonone-config" is not recognized.

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:47 pm

# See /boot/overlays/README for all available options

gpu_mem=256
initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel
kernel=kernel8.img
arm_64bit=1
enable_gic=1
disable_overscan=1

#overclocking
over_voltage=6
arm_freq=2000

#enable sound
dtparam=audio=on
hdmi_drive=2

#enable vc4
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
max_framebuffers=2
hdmi_enable_4kp60=1
dtoverlay=argonone

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Maybe i have solved.
ran argonone-cli --fan0=100
argonone-cli --temp0=30
and seems it's running finally!!

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm

The fan will come on if the pi is getting hot by default it will remain off. You can use this command to turn the fan on manually.

Code: Select all

 argonone-cli --man --fan 100
This will turn the fan on at 100% until you tell it to do something else. Reboots will reset the fan to the default of not turning on unless you're getting warm.

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 pm

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm
The fan will come on if the pi is getting hot by default it will remain off. You can use this command to turn the fan on manually.

Code: Select all

 argonone-cli --man --fan 100
This will turn the fan on at 100% until you tell it to do something else. Reboots will reset the fan to the default of not turning on unless you're getting warm.
thanks. In fact after reboot i had to re-set it again. Is it possible to set it automatically at every reboot? (fan always on?) I tried putting your command in startup application but it doesnìt work i had to manually do it again

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm

If you add the command to the /etc/rc.local above exit 0 this should do the trick.

I don't have an option to set the fan aways on from boot. How ever I will look into adding this as a feature for you, I post updates to this project on the forum here, I can't give you a timeline for this as off the top of my head I'm not sure the best way to implement it.

let me know if rc.local works for you.

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:42 pm

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm
If you add the command to the /etc/rc.local above exit 0 this should do the trick.

I don't have an option to set the fan aways on from boot. How ever I will look into adding this as a feature for you, I post updates to this project on the forum here, I can't give you a timeline for this as off the top of my head I'm not sure the best way to implement it.

let me know if rc.local works for you.
thanks a lot i will let you know!

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 am

DarkElvenAngel wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm
If you add the command to the /etc/rc.local above exit 0 this should do the trick.

I don't have an option to set the fan aways on from boot. How ever I will look into adding this as a feature for you, I post updates to this project on the forum here, I can't give you a timeline for this as off the top of my head I'm not sure the best way to implement it.

let me know if rc.local works for you.
i don't know how to do it. i couldn't find any rc.local file under /etc !!! help!!

Candy2014

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:25 am

i'm really fed up with manjaro. too much hassle. manually configured scripts (half-working...) webcam partially working... bluetooth partially working with my external bluetooth speaker ..etc. while with raspberry pi 64 beta every peripheral i have works out of the box and the same with ubuntu mate (but slower). So , sorry but i'm back to .deb world for good!!

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:53 pm

I'm sorry you were having issues I wasn't sure Manjaro had a rc.local like Raspberry Pi OS.

If you are truly removing Manjaro for raspberry Pi OS everything I told you about how to get the fan run from boot will work. There's also an applet for Raspberry Pi OS.

I don't run Manjaro myself I just had it setup to test the installer works.

DarkElvenAngel
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: Script for Argon one pi4 fan ???

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:54 pm

In case anyone is following here and wants the same as Candy2014 and uses my daemon I incorrectly suggested making an entry in the /etc/rc.local where this works on some operation systems it's not universal. It would be much better to edit the /boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=argonone,fantemp0=30
once the CPU hits 30 degrees the fan will start up and it won't turn off until the temperature drops to 27 degrees this can be forced lower with hysteresis setting of 10. Under normal operating conditions this should work to keep the fan on. The fan will run at 10% then of course if the temperature climbs higher the fan will ramp up.

I should note that it's not possible with the current way the daemon loads values to have the fan start at 100 % all the time.

Return to “Arch”