RUWO_coder

installing arch from windows?

Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 am

so, for a project i need a arch install on my pi. no noobs if possible, beacause i want it to be as fast as possible. the problem is, that as far as i know, you need something like DD to burn a tar.gz file. does something like this exist for windows? ive tried to boot my machines from a live ubuntu usb, but it just says "it looks like windows did not boot correctly" or "this kernel needs a x86-64 cpu, but only i686 was found", or something like that. so no Linux to install arch Linux arm, thats what i'm asking for.

fruitoftheloom

Re: installing arch from windows?

Sat May 13, 2017 2:05 pm

RUWO_coder wrote:so, for a project i need a arch install on my pi. no noobs if possible, beacause i want it to be as fast as possible. the problem is, that as far as i know, you need something like DD to burn a tar.gz file. does something like this exist for windows? ive tried to boot my machines from a live ubuntu usb, but it just says "it looks like windows did not boot correctly" or "this kernel needs a x86-64 cpu, but only i686 was found", or something like that. so no Linux to install arch Linux arm, thats what i'm asking for.
Try PixelOS to boot into Linux on your Windows Machine:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/pixel-pc-mac/

Arch Linux Arm do not offer .IMG file.
Adieu

kusti8

Sat May 13, 2017 11:01 pm

You could also try using PINN. That includes an installer for Arch.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

mikerr

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am

Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

Return to “Arch”