darkcity

Using Woof to build Puppy

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Woof is a Puppy distribution building program. It is used to build Puppy Linux from the binary packages of another Linux distribution.

Woof compilation has not been done for ARM for a while, anyone who fancies a challenge see-
http://bkhome.org/woof/index.html
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Woof

:twisted:

Mcwimh

Re: Using Woof to build Puppy

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:43 am

After a few month I saw there was still no new puppy. I tried the old one with some overclocking and I saw chromium worked so much better then the other distributions, it's really a pity no one is working on this puppy. Knowing that Barry is really busy and doing magic with the other puppy's, I really hope someone is taking this puppy under his/her hands. Really really, missing a good puppy on the rpi, I'm no programmer so it would take to much time to learn everything.

DavidS

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:22 pm

I just switched over to Linux from RISC OS on the RPi.

On my desktop systems I have used Puppy Linux for quite some time.

On the RPi I am trying Raspbian first then once I get a good feel for how it behaves I will look at the current Puppy Sap6 and see how that does. If I think that I like the Sap6 Puppy I will start playing with Woof (just as with an x86 Puppy) and see how far I get.

All of this means that I will not be doing much productive for a while as I do not wish to lose progress do to OS switches and experiments though I already have a feeling that Puppy will be the way to go. I am only starting with Raspbian as most everyone seems to think that it is the one to use, I am not sure that I agree.
26-Bit R15 to 32-bit. 16-bit addressing to 24-bit. ARM and 65xx two CPU's that continue on, and are better than ever. Assembly Language forever :) .

Oakham

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 pm

There is always Tiny Core Linux available for the Pi and it has a very small footprint !
Searching is easy, most questions have been asked before !

Return to “Puppy”