prog-amateur

Bluetooth dongle detection on Pidora

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:37 am

Hello everybody,

I need your support regarding Pidora bluetooth installation. I need it if a Bluetooth keyboard.
I have a Bluetooth ASUS compatible dongle (tested with Raspbian, RaspBMC, and OPENELEC) which is not detected as no Bluetooth icon appears on the Applications tab.
I tried to make lsusb and I can see the dongle appearing, however with no mention of “Bluetooth”.
I tried sudo yum install blueman but it tells me that blueman is obsolete because of bluez 5 which is already installed.

My question is simple : how to make my dongle detected by the system, how can I see this Bluetooth icon appearing ?

I just would like to connect my Bluetooth keyboard, I’m sure it is easy, but as I am beginner, I need your help. Thank you very much.

Douglas6

Re: Bluetooth dongle detection on Pidora

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Blueman no longer works with BlueZ 5. I don't know from Pidora, but you could try bluedevil or possibly gnome-bluetooth. But the best idea might be to use bluetoothctl from a command line. It's not a GUI, but it's easy to use.

prog-amateur

Re: Bluetooth dongle detection on Pidora

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:08 am

Sorry bluetooth still doesn't work (or maybe I did it wrong). Thank you for your quick feedback anyway. Does anybody work with a bluetooth keyboard ?

Return to “Pidora / Fedora”