agreene

Pidora HowTo ?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello fellow Pidora users I am going to write a few articles on how to do different things. Using the Pidora distro, I figured I should start by finding out what you guys really want to know how to do and go from there so post some replies with your ideas and I will start making them.

herbthom

Re: Pidora HowTo ?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:25 pm

agreene wrote:Hello fellow Pidora users I am going to write a few articles on how to do different things. Using the Pidora distro, I figured I should start by finding out what you guys really want to know how to do and go from there so post some replies with your ideas and I will start making them.
Why not create a wiki that users could contribute to? Many of the posts in this forum are from users who have no better place to put how-tos that they wish to share with others.

Joe Schmoe

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:27 pm

agreene wrote:Hello fellow Pidora users I am going to write a few articles on how to do different things. Using the Pidora distro, I figured I should start by finding out what you guys really want to know how to do and go from there so post some replies with your ideas and I will start making them.
I've posted a few questions to the Pidora forum. I'd say read those for ideas.

I think in general, the most important thing is a "Debian to Fedora" translation sheet.

Most of us are familiar with the Debian way of doing things, but Fedora/Pidora is like a whole 'nother OS...!
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

herbthom

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:Most of us are familiar with the Debian way of doing things, but Fedora/Pidora is like a whole 'nother OS...!
[/quote]
Interesting. I had assumed that most of us in this forum used Pidora because we were familiar with and/or preferred the RedHat/Fedora way of doing things -- but were perhaps unfamiliar with the peculiarities of RaspberryPi/Pidora/xfce.

Joe Schmoe

Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:23 am

Interesting. I had assumed that most of us in this forum used Pidora because we were familiar with and/or preferred the RedHat/Fedora way of doing things -- but were perhaps unfamiliar with the peculiarities of RaspberryPi/Pidora/xfce.
Well, that's a possibility, too...
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

vsayanam

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Compared to Debian Wheezy, Pidora / Fedora Remix boots quicker and SD card corruption also is less. XWindow appears to be stable. However, the main problem is Omxplayer which is difficult to install. Google search gives a few installation methods but they don't work. I am eagerly waiting for some information on this.

Return to “Pidora / Fedora”