ouafnico

Re: Pidora 18 (Raspberry Pi Fedora Remix) Release

Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 pm

is there a raspconfig command like raspbian on pidora ?

Have you seen : when making a "halt" of pidora, the raspberry is not switched off completely like raspbian

agreene

Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm

tedsluis wrote:
cclauss wrote:In Pidora, is there a headless mode way to expand the rootfs to take up the entire SD card without doing remote Xwindows into the Pi?

'Parted' runs on the command line but I don't know how to expand the rootfs with it.
If have opened a new topic to answer this question:http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 51&t=45265
The reason the rootfs is not expanded is because the rootfs-resize script is called by firstboot when headless-mode is enabled firstboot is bypassed so the resize is also bypassed this will be fixed on the next release of the headless package. If you want to resize your sdcard to use the full amount of space I recommend running through firstboot for now then enable headless mode after.

tedsluis

Tue May 28, 2013 8:46 pm

ouafnico wrote:is there a raspconfig command like raspbian on pidora ?
As far as I know there is no tool like raspi-config for Pidora. But you could re-run the Pidora "firstboot" tool.I have listed the way how you can perform raspi-config tasks in this topic: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 51&t=45357
ouafnico wrote:Have you seen : when making a "halt" of pidora, the raspberry is not switched off completely like raspbian
To switch off raspberry do a "poweroff".
--- If you cannot divide then you cannot multiply. ---

txe

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi, group!
Would anyone know to tell what the difference is between pidora-18-r1c.zip pidora-18-r2c.zip, please? I've been unable to find anything on that about....

txe

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi group!
I ask for help, if anyone was so kind of. I've downloaded both pidora-18-r1c.zip and pidora-18-r2c.zip 10 times now from several sites, as regular download, by transmissionbt, even using wget but I still got the md5sum checking process wrong. I don't know how-to sort this question out.
Any clue on this would be appreciated.

txe

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Aaah. OK. godsake!#
That been said it's NOT posible to run pidora headless strictly from the firstboot. If you try it you will face the room-for-update issue and the process will stop with errors. Solution will be, still for checking {as for me, at least} running through the first boot as in the traditional way [using a monitor and keyboard] and after that enabling and checking the headless mode. What anoying wind I've got trough.. god sake! But I suppose it's worth it, now..
[The reason the rootfs is not expanded is because the rootfs-resize script is called by firstboot when headless-mode is enabled firstboot is bypassed so the resize is also bypassed this will be fixed on the next release of the headless package. If you want to resize your sdcard to use the full amount of space I recommend running through firstboot for now then enable headless mode after.]

ronaldgadget

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm

how do I switch (with Pidora) between headless mode and non-headless mode?

I see that putting an empty file /boot/headless still shows a desktop on the HDMI connected monitor... So I conclude that putting in the headless file by itself is not enough.

I can execute:
# systemctl stop display-manager.service

but I get an error message when executing:
# systemctl disable display-manager.service

I would like to be able to switch between these mode for comfortable development / debugging and performance when all os done.

My web server is up on http://swissdutch.ch:1999/ if you would like to take a look..
Cheers, Ronald

Return to “Pidora / Fedora”