meddyliol

Fedora Mate terminal

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:12 pm

I have installed Berryboot and at present am running Fedora 21 Mate. I opened the Mate terminal but cannot seem to do anything with it. I tried running 'sudo apt-get update' and keep getting the message 'myname is not in the sudoers file This incident will be reported'. I have no idea what to do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
Raspberry Pi B, Raspberry Pi 2, monitor, powered hub, mouse, keyboard and Volvo V50 car

MeanderingLaser

Re: Fedora Mate terminal

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:59 pm

I remember having this problem when I first started using Fedora on my laptop. Don't worry, you aren't in trouble, the account that you set up just doesn't have sudo privileges. Searching for "how to give an account sudo privileges fedora" gave me some good leads. I think this happens because of server-based reasons. You don't want everyone using a server to be able to rummage around and mess with system files.

Sorry I don't remember the steps I did to fix it, I haven't run into this problem for a while.

Also, I don't think "apt-get" works with fedora, you'll need to use "yum". (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this...)

Return to “Pidora / Fedora”