x4rgon

Raspberry 2 Pi Model B not booting after last yum update

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Title says all (using Fidora 21). All i did was: yum update - checked updated packages (included kernel + firmware). Updates installed with no errors. Tried to reboot - Raspberry 2 is "dead" - not booting - green light flashes 2 times and i have zero monitor signal - it lits up - no console output - after 2-3 min monitor going into saving mode. Had no probs in last month of using Raspi 2 :)

Using microSD Class 10 UHS-1 32gb sdcard. Everything was working smooth until todays update :(

Using [email protected] power supply. Any help/tips would be nice. Thanks in advance !

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry 2 Pi Model B not booting after last yum update

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Does the latest Raspbian work OK?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

x4rgon

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:20 pm

I wrote that im using Fidora 21. Im NOT using Raspbian...

DougieLawson

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:54 pm

x4rgon wrote:I wrote that im using Fidora 21. Im NOT using Raspbian...
I think what James was getting at was try a copy of Raspbian to prove whether it's the hardware that's broken or your Fedora install that's broken. We know that if you successfully get NOOBS or plain Raspbian copied to an SDCard that it WILL boot on any A/B/B+/A+ or 2B RPi that doesn't have any hardware fault.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm

The most likely expanation is that something went wrong during the upgrade (sadly sometimes things go wrong without leaving visible errors) which left the firmware in an unusable state.

I suspect you can fix this this by manually copying a workable kernel/firmware to the SD card but i'm popping this thread over to the pidora forum in case there are any pidora specific quirks that i'm not aware of.

x4rgon

Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:59 am

Thank You all for answers. It seems that update messed with mounting rootfs (i dont know really why...). The FAT partition with kernels and grub was visible and i was able to view it normally, the rest well.....

Re-formatted sd card and i put fresh Fidora 21 image and all booted up. Thank You again for help.
Cheers

Return to “Pidora / Fedora”