cunnol

Google music manager on Debian/Ubuntu

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to use a raspberry pi as a method for remotely downloading music and uploading it to google play.
It looks like the best way to do this would be to install Ubuntu as it seems I can remotely control downloads from my android phone and google music manager is compatible with it.

Before I spend the money on a raspberry pi I just wanna check am I missing something here or does it seem like this set up would work?

Thanks,

cunnol

rpdom

Re: Google music manager on Debian/Ubuntu

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Ubuntu doesn't run on a Pi.

fruitoftheloom

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:50 pm

cunnol wrote:Hi,

I've been looking for a way to use a raspberry pi as a method for remotely downloading music and uploading it to google play.
It looks like the best way to do this would be to install Ubuntu as it seems I can remotely control downloads from my android phone and google music manager is compatible with it.

Before I spend the money on a raspberry pi I just wanna check am I missing something here or does it seem like this set up would work?

Thanks,

cunnol
Only Debian ARMEL installs on RPi, though the recommended OS is Raspbian which is based off Debian ARMHF

Ubuntu and variants do not run on the RPi ARMv6 Architecture

There are workarounds for Google Drive access such as

https://github.com/Grive/grive
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

justinsb

Fri May 15, 2015 9:44 pm

rpdom wrote:Ubuntu doesn't run on a Pi.
Yes it does...!

I have Lubuntu 15.04 running very happily on my Raspberry Pi 2, courtesy of Wintrmute (see here on the forums) & the Ubuntu wiki ARM/RaspberryPi page.

It runs beautifully, & I now use my Pi2 as my main workstation.

kusti8

Fri May 15, 2015 9:47 pm

justinsb wrote:
Yes it does...!

I have Lubuntu 15.04 running very happily on my Raspberry Pi 2, courtesy of Wintrmute (see here on the forums) & the Ubuntu wiki ARM/RaspberryPi page.

Well, now it does, because the Pi2 came out, but when rpdom posted that, it was Jan 29th and the Pi2 hadn't come out yet. :roll:
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

fruitoftheloom

Fri May 15, 2015 9:50 pm

justinsb wrote:
Yes it does...!

If you had BOTHERED to check the date of the post ""Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm"" and undertaken research you will have noticed at that date the Raspberry Pi 2 B was not available therefore all RPi's available used ARMv6 SoC which had no avaiable Ubuntu compatable variant :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Debian”