unblowupable5

Java Support

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 am

I just got my Pi yesterday and am very impressed with it! I loaded the latest Debian image and got rolling in very short order.

I have run into a little problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to through a good bit of searching. Specifically, I can't seem to get the Java plug-in working through either Midori or Chromium.

So far I downloaded and successfully installed Open JDK 6, but when I go to a site that has Java, nothing loads in Midori, and I get a 'Missing Plug-In' box in Chromium with no option to add the plug-in.

Is there any way to get this working, or being that the platform is in its infancy is this just not supported yet?

Thanks in advance!

unblowupable5

Re: Java Support

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 am

For reference, here is the command I entered to install Open JDK, which seemed to work...

sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk libjna-java

praest76

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 am

On a related note has anyone run any tests or have any experience of the performance on the Pi architecture of the various java versions? ie, Sun Java vs OpenJDK. 6 or 7?
PRAEst76 [about.me/praest76]
  • Pi¹ - xibalba: OpenELEC, media centre
    Pi² - erebus: Debian Sid, general shell
Raspberry Pi Last.fm group - last.fm/group/Raspberry+Pi

MrBunsy

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:45 am

praest76 wrote:On a related note has anyone run any tests or have any experience of the performance on the Pi architecture of the various java versions? ie, Sun Java vs OpenJDK. 6 or 7?
It has been done! http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =34&t=6369

NichoLatte

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:24 pm

unblowupable5 wrote:For reference, here is the command I entered to install Open JDK, which seemed to work...

Excellent thanks very much it's helped me out alot

NichoLatte

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm

unblowupable5 wrote:For reference, here is the command I entered to install Open JDK, which seemed to work...

Excellent thanks very much it's helped me out alot

Return to “Debian”