Crystal the Glaceon

Install Pi store on Pi Bang Linux

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 am

I've been trying to install the Pi Store on Pi Bang Linux, but every time I use
sudo apt-get install pistore
I get this
E: Unable to locate package pistore
Am I missing something? I've tried looking all over google to find this out, but I couldn't find anything.
Cute is as cute does

Pankoi

Re: Install Pi store on Pi Bang Linux

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi there!

Officially speaking, the Pi Store only supports Raspbian and thus, is only available in the Raspbain repo.

I'm not familiar with Pi Bang Linux, but as it appears to be derived from Crunchbang Linux, which is in turn Debian-based, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it would work.

If you want to try, you could either add archive.raspberrypi.org to your sources.list (though this might cause problems if it shares packages with another repo you've got enabled) or acquire it from the repo by going to its address, drilling down until you see the Packages file and finding the relative URL for the .deb package.

That said, if you do run into problems with it, I'm afraid we're unlikely to be able to provide support.

Good luck,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

Crystal the Glaceon

Re: Install Pi store on Pi Bang Linux

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks! I downloaded and installed the deb file (had to use sudo apt-get install -f to make it work properly) and now it's running fine!
I am enjoying some good Cave Story!
Cute is as cute does

Return to “Debian”