joacliba

Downgrade to kernel 3.2

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi! This is my first post on the forum :)

I recently bought a raspberry and now I'm trying to get my arcade controller working. I know there is a bug with kernels 3.3+ with my controller (up and left joystick doesn't work) so I need to downgrade to a 3.2 kernel.

I installed linux-image-3.2.0.4 and changed /boot/kernel.img for the 3.2.0.4.

When I boot the joystick works perfectly but a lot of things doesn't work as I think modules are not correctly loaded.

I searched in this forum and in the web and I don't know what can I do for downgrade the kernel. I missed something?

Thank you!

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Downgrade to kernel 3.2

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 pm

If you installed the package from the raspbian repos then you should have the modules so I don't think that is your problem.

A more likely issue is that the kernel isn't working right with the latest firmware and videocore stuff. I suspect you will have to poke through the history on github and find a version contemporary with them releasing a 3.2 kernel if you want videocore related stuff to work.

joacliba

Re: Downgrade to kernel 3.2

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 pm

So I can't have the 3.2 kernel in the last raspbian fully working? mmmm I'm going to try an old version (15/12/2012). I hope it'll work.

Thank you!

And if someone knows if there is a way to have the 3.2 kernel fully working with the last firmware ... Tell me!

Return to “Debian”