pbhj

Re: CAS Educational Manual:how to contribute

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Any reason the InDesign working files aren't just published?

Angelnet

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Clive,

I have sent a PM requesting the original file to translate but I haven't gotten a response. I know you are busy so send the file when you have the opportunity. Thank you.

Regards,

Angel

Widhot

Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Hello, i would like to contribute in making the translation from English to Bahasa Indonesia. I see feiry has started the translation to Bahasa, mind if i climb aboard and give hand? I'm really eager to make this educational manual accessible to many of us here in Indonesia. Let's collaborate! :D

feiry

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 am

Widhot wrote:Hello, i would like to contribute in making the translation from English to Bahasa Indonesia. I see feiry has started the translation to Bahasa, mind if i climb aboard and give hand? I'm really eager to make this educational manual accessible to many of us here in Indonesia. Let's collaborate! :D
Yayy!!!
I think it's time to start a new thread for Bahasa Indonesia translation. :D
Thank you widhot! I will share the progress to you through PM first.

Tora

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi all,
First of all congratulations to all the authors of the manual, it is surely the best resource for kids with a Pi.
I'm going to give 2 Pis as present to my 2 nephews (9 year old) and I need it as soon as possible, but obviously in their native language. Since I do not have Adobe InDesign, I'm exploring the idea to start from the .pdf and, using different tools, to export it in something editable.
Is someone else working in the same direction? Are there any ready results?

Regards,
Ettore

Tora

Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 am

Hi again,

Like I told in a previous post I was looking for a way to transform the pdf version of the CAS manual in something editable, to be able then to provide a translated version of it. I wanted now to share my results so that somebody else with the same purpose would have some work saved.
After having tried different programs, I got the best results using LibreOffice Draw: it imports the pdf preserving the layout of the page, with the only big drawback that it imports every text line in the page as a separate text area. After a lot of "cut & paste" work, I corrected this and here the result:
http://goo.gl/x0jjI
The document was created with LibreOffice version 4.0.2.2, it is very similar to the pdf version but not exactly the same (fonts are different, formatting is somewhere different) but is a very good starting point for producing a translated version of it.
It is a pity that google docs is not able to import the document, otherwise it would be even on-line collaboratively editable.
Regards,
Ettore

Bjoern2

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello,

Curious as to whether this is still active? Or has this been superseeded?

Bjoern

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”