Lhawki1

Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello everyone, I am in Louisiana at the High School level and we are currently working in a Jump Start Pathways programs that provides our students with certifications and prepares them for work. I want to offer Raspberry Pi hands on in my classroom but have to connect it, in some way to a certification or a current jumpstart pathway from our Louisianabelieves web site.

Can anyone give me some more information on certifications that my students can take that are helped by learning to use a Raspberry Pi system?

Thank you
Lea Ann Fisher

fruitoftheloom

Re: Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Lhawki1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm
Hello everyone, I am in Louisiana at the High School level and we are currently working in a Jump Start Pathways programs that provides our students with certifications and prepares them for work. I want to offer Raspberry Pi hands on in my classroom but have to connect it, in some way to a certification or a current jumpstart pathway from our Louisianabelieves web site.

Can anyone give me some more information on certifications that my students can take that are helped by learning to use a Raspberry Pi system?

Thank you
Lea Ann Fisher

https://www.raspberrypi.org/education/
Adieu

tduffy

Re: Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu May 03, 2018 3:35 am

Hello Lea Ann

This has been an ongoing issue with schools for a long time. Most certifications are very vendor specific and as such may not be suitable for a wide range of work opportunities.

What I have done is to develop a Raspberry Pi course mapped against national training qualifications.

I am in Australia and we have industry and government endorsed training packages. Each package contains a number of nationally recognized Certificate and Diploma qualifications.

I have mapped the Raspberry Pi course using parts of a Certificate in Information, Digital Media and Technology. Using this strategy the school accepts the course as it is recognized internationally and the student can gain part credit towards a full Certificate qualification in the workplace.

you can download the course for free at https://www.ithacahub.com . It is the courseware section

Please share it around and maybe you can adapt it for your own needs.

Regards Tony Duffy .

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”