Lhawki1

Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello everyone, I am in Louisiana at the High School level and we are currently working in a Jump Start Pathways programs that provides our students with certifications and prepares them for work. I want to offer Raspberry Pi hands on in my classroom but have to connect it, in some way to a certification or a current jumpstart pathway from our Louisianabelieves web site.

Can anyone give me some more information on certifications that my students can take that are helped by learning to use a Raspberry Pi system?

Thank you
Lea Ann Fisher

fruitoftheloom

Re: Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Lhawki1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm
Hello everyone, I am in Louisiana at the High School level and we are currently working in a Jump Start Pathways programs that provides our students with certifications and prepares them for work. I want to offer Raspberry Pi hands on in my classroom but have to connect it, in some way to a certification or a current jumpstart pathway from our Louisianabelieves web site.

Can anyone give me some more information on certifications that my students can take that are helped by learning to use a Raspberry Pi system?

Thank you
Lea Ann Fisher

https://www.raspberrypi.org/education/
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

tduffy

Re: Selling Raspberry Pi benefits to my principal

Thu May 03, 2018 3:35 am

Hello Lea Ann

This has been an ongoing issue with schools for a long time. Most certifications are very vendor specific and as such may not be suitable for a wide range of work opportunities.

What I have done is to develop a Raspberry Pi course mapped against national training qualifications.

I am in Australia and we have industry and government endorsed training packages. Each package contains a number of nationally recognized Certificate and Diploma qualifications.

I have mapped the Raspberry Pi course using parts of a Certificate in Information, Digital Media and Technology. Using this strategy the school accepts the course as it is recognized internationally and the student can gain part credit towards a full Certificate qualification in the workplace.

you can download the course for free at https://www.ithacahub.com . It is the courseware section

Please share it around and maybe you can adapt it for your own needs.

Regards Tony Duffy .

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”