suzan

A workshop using pi

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello,
I am a STEM education provider in India and I am exploring options in Rasberry Pi. I have found pi very powerful tool to do multiple projects with kids to teach them coding.
I want to do a workshop for 3-4 hours using pi which can be related to real life issues like environment.
I also want to use a CAD software where kids will do initial design of one or two components and then they will use 3DPrinter to print the component.
Using those printed components and pi we should be able to showcase solution of some social issues.
Any ideas on these lines are welcome.
Thanks.
Suzan

B.Goode

Re: A workshop using pi

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Welcome to the Raspberry Pi forums.
I have found pi very powerful tool to do multiple projects with kids to teach them coding.
I want to do a workshop for 3-4 hours using pi which can be related to real life issues like environment.
Have you explored the many resources published by the Raspberry Pi Foundation here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/resources/

Even if nothing directly meets your needs, there seem to be many that could be adapted to report on or interact with the environment.

suzan

Re: A workshop using pi

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.
Have you explored the many resources published by the Raspberry Pi Foundation here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/resources/

Even if nothing directly meets your needs, there seem to be many that could be adapted to report on or interact with the environment.
I do see lot of projects there but is there something which is doable by Grade 9 to Grade 12 th kid in 4-5 hours and at the same time it looks a fun activity?

I am looking for someone's experience in doing such workshop and how did they executed it?

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”