I know there are tons of DIY guide available here, but most of them wouldn't work in a complex environment. So, here I'm documenting a guide on home automation, RPi tutorials, and IoT.
P.S. Feel free to suggest.
First an extensive brief on how to choose the suitable engineering kit- including IoT sensors, protocols, gateways required to build a smart home. https://www.simform.com/home-automation ... of-things/
Guide on starting out with Raspberry Pi
1. Video lesson explaining the basics of the Raspberry Pi
2. PowerPoint slides demonstrating how to set up your Raspberry Pi and use it to solve Engineering Design Challenges
3. Raspberry Pi GPIO pin numbers
Challenges which might come while working with RPi
1. Controlling an LED with your Raspberry Pi GPIO pins
https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi ... -gpio-pins
2. Design a harmless motion sensor mouse trap with a camera
3. Design a baby monitor that senses motion & sound, and plays soothing music
http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-DI ... berry-Pi/
4. Design and program a smart house via external sensors
http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-DI ... pberry-Pi/
5. Multi-Room Media Center controlling video and audio
http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspber ... PC-Contr/
6. Design an automated land rover controlled by the Raspberry Pi
Bonus guide: For selecting the best home automation protocols for the internet of things
I will keep it updated with more guides and references. If you have any questions, feel free to reach me out.