ejolson

Advocacy of Cybersecurity

Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:27 pm

I just read an interesting article
Matthew Strong wrote: Taiwan launches ‘Girls in CyberSecurity’ contest:

Hackers are not criminals but can help the country

--Science and Technology Minister Wu
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4119062

Have you ever heard a similar statement made by a cabinet minister in the UK or anywhere else in the West?

Would it be possible to run some similar contests for the Raspberry Pi that don't require anyone to meet in person?

It's that something people could help with through this forum?

goodburner

Re: Advocacy of Cybersecurity

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Blame the trashy American Hollywood for ruining the definition of hacking and who/what a hacker is.
And they still do it.

MikeDB

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:25 pm

ejolson wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:27 pm
I just read an interesting article
Matthew Strong wrote: Taiwan launches ‘Girls in CyberSecurity’ contest:

Hackers are not criminals but can help the country

--Science and Technology Minister Wu
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4119062

Have you ever heard a similar statement made by a cabinet minister in the UK or anywhere else in the West?
Actually yes. There was an advert from Mi5 a year or so ago looking for computer experts where you had to hack into something to get to the application form.
Always interested in innovative audio startups needing help and investment. Look for me on ModWiggler or other sites that have PMs.

MelanieWhite

Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:50 am

I totally agree with you
Last edited by MelanieWhite on Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tishasa

Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:54 am

Regarding this subject, I can say that it is imperative to ensure that your product is perfectly done for launching and is cyber protected. Nowadays, a lot of apps have a weak security system. Before launching an app, you should always test it. I know it is hard work, and there is no point in launching an app without testing it. However, launching an app without testing can lead to disaster. That's why I always use the services of a pentest company. These guys always found the weakest parts of my programs. It's very beneficial to improve security.

Milisiadowered

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:19 pm

This is actually a very good practice. If we offer the same hackers a large sum and the opportunity not only to work legally, but also to help the state, then the Internet should become more secure, and government structures and services can easily exist online.

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”