danfisher
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Two new FutureLearn courses are starting on 24 June!

Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm

We have two new courses starting in June that are available for sign-up RIGHT NOW:

Introducion to Cybersecurity for Teachers - improve your students’ knowledge of computer security

Teaching cybersecurity in schools is an important way to help students stay safe while using technology. On this course, teachers will be introduced to the core ideas of cybersecurity that should be taught in the classroom.

You will learn the different attacks that individuals and devices are vulnerable to and how to prevent them. You will explore malware, malicious bots, SQL injections, and physical threats to data. You will also build your knowledge of the different tools that protect data and websites. These include strong passwords, biometrics, two-factor authentication, and firewalls.

Impact of Technology: How To Lead Classroom Discussions

On this course, teachers will explore the ethical, legal, cultural, and environmental concerns surrounding computer science. You will build the skills needed to hold relevant, open, and exciting discussions in the classroom.

You will explore the best ways to help your students be productive and write long-form answers to questions. This course is useful CPD for teachers who are looking to improve their skills and put them to practice at school.

brainsage

Re: Two new FutureLearn courses are starting on 24 June!

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 am

danfisher wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm
We have two new courses starting in June that are available for sign-up RIGHT NOW:

Introducion to Cybersecurity for Teachers - improve your students’ knowledge of computer security

Teaching cybersecurity in schools is an important way to help students stay safe while using technology. On this course, teachers will be introduced to the core ideas of cybersecurity that should be taught in the classroom.

You will learn the different attacks that individuals and devices are vulnerable to and how to prevent them. You will explore malware, malicious bots, SQL injections, and physical threats to data. You will also build your knowledge to write my essay using different tools that protect data, save your information, personal stories and websites. These include strong passwords, biometrics, two-factor authentication, and firewalls.

Impact of Technology: How To Lead Classroom Discussions

On this course, teachers will explore the ethical, legal, cultural, and environmental concerns surrounding computer science. You will build the skills needed to hold relevant, open, and exciting discussions in the classroom.

You will explore the best ways to help your students be productive and write long-form answers to questions. This course is useful CPD for teachers who are looking to improve their skills and put them to practice at school.

Hello Dan,

Could you please give more details about the Unlimited option? Is it possible to get it for 2-3 years at once? And what about copyright rules: I teach cybersecurity at college, so I thought I could integrate tests into my practical lesson plans.

Best,
Brian

Return to “Teaching and learning resources”