phuxy

Short PI presentation

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello! I'm about to do a quick oral presentation of the raspberry pi to a group of engineering students, tomorrow =O!
What I want to ask you guys is, what do you think should be key points of the presentation.
So that people get a maximum amount of PI information in 5 minutes!

Thanks for answers in advance!

Voidious

Re: Short PI presentation

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Even within "engineering", I think it kind of depends what you want to teach and on the types of students. You could focus on how it could enable low income areas to have computers, or how it can be used in education to teach programming, or that it's a cool toy for DIY projects (and show off some of them), or the fact that a $35 credit card sized computer is as powerful as my desktop 10 years ago and how might things look in 50 years.

It really depends... Or you could of course do a high level overview touching on all that stuff. :-)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

phuxy

Re: Short PI presentation

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks for the answer. I think I might try with the overall approach, but what would an overall presentation of the PI look like? Amazing specs for the price, example projects, low powered, super fun toy to tinker with. What more can you say about the pi? Suggestions?

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”