chriswuk

Dissertation Idea

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Good Afternoon,

Im not 100% sure if im in the correct forum category but here it goes......

Im entering the 3rd Year of my university degree which is network engineering and cyber security. I am looking at completing my dissertation around digital forensics, the topic will be raspberry pi VS hi spec laptop to see the comparison between the two pieces of hardware and the speed and data differences.

Firstly just asking if there are any good distribution that i could be using for this , and if possible could i make my own distribution with different tools for digital forensics ?

Any pointers any one could give me?

Also this sounds very cheeky, but is there anywhere that i could ask in the UK to donate the equipment for me to use to do this project ?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Chris

klricks

Re: Dissertation Idea

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:08 pm

There is a version of Kali Linux that can be installed on a RPi.
For information and support see the Kali web site and forums: https://www.kali.org/

If you don't want to buy a laptop then maybe rent one.....
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

chriswuk

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, brill i will look at Kali ive got that one already just seeing if there are any other distros out there.

Brill never thought about renting one out, defo worth a try i will have a look into it

Thanks
Chris

PhatFil

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Good luck, fwiw all my pals who earnt 1's focused their projects to a myopic scope for a full and complete analysis.

Andyroo

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Rather than rent a PC (cost is not cheap) hunt eBay for a used Lenovo 120s with 4Gb of RAM and dump windows for Linux.

If you are looking to build a version of Linus then this site may help http://www.buildyourownlinux.com/
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”