mightygoose

Re: Rasberry Pi Baking Clubs?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm

well the android lot call it ROM cooking....

[linkie]

On the raspberry pi reddit (yup its there)(i'm globalscree over there)

locally organised meets/clubs for raspberry pi enthusiasts. To discuss our projects but also help lobbying of local schools? bigger team. better impact? thoughts...

Joules

Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 am

I quite like this idea, a lot of schools just don"t have the upto date IT experience for their students. It would be great to get some interaction with the wider community. Hacker Space should get more support in the UK to encourage wider development of IT skills and support for small business and start ups. Give kids real world examples...

gimliflea

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:27 pm

I too like this idea.

I am near Bordon Hants.

Leon Brown

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Last time I spoke to an IT teacher, they were telling me how there was a web design module/option in A-Level IT, but that CSS wasn't required and that table based HTML layout was taught. The last time I was at an agency who were recruiting web designers/developers, they were binning all CVs that had websites set up with table layouts. Baking clubs would be a great resource for IT teachers to point their pupils in the right direction to ensure that they have skills that will get them jobs in the real world - and not just pass exams.

spamel

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm

I think this is a great idea, how would they be broken down? Regional clubs, or by city? If it is easy to do, could the RasPi Team create a sub forum with different regions/counties where people can then post their city to start a club? I have already seen there are a few people from the South Yorkshire area, and I would be interested in creating a RasPi Club that could maybe have a meet after six months of the launch to see what folk have done with theirs. It would only require one TV and power source/keyboard/mouse set up and everybody could just bring their Pi and Harddrives. Sounds like a good bit of geeky fun!

TheTap

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Perhaps we could meet here: http://www.booking.com/CalaPiClub

timecmdr

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I did have the intention of setting up a pibaking club but I just dont have the time.

I do however have the domains pibaking.com and pibaking.co.uk for sale if someone wants to buy them from me.

Visit the domain for my email address or PM me....

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”